cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the same plan immediately

nemesian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I am trying to reset the plan early and tried using "Change plan now" function in the self serve wizard, however, nothing happens. I preloaded the fund necessary. How do I change the plan straight away (it's the same plan - trying to reset it).

Thank you!

B.

12 REPLIES 12

Can't for the life of me figure why they don't make it self serve to review early. If you can change plans early or at next scheduled renewal date why can't you renew your existing plan early? Because it isn't on the list of available plans since you are already on that plan. If they would just show all available plans on the list this problem would be solved. Or add a $0 plan to change to so doing another change plan enquiry then shows all plans.

AE_Collector

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 

I could be wrong, but the details I've observed:

AutoPay Reward is applied at the end of a billing cycle. The AutoPay discount which appears at the beginning of the cycle is actually from the previous cycle (or from initial Plan signup/promo).

Loyalty Reward is also applied at the end of a billing cycle. Days (or months!) of service on interrupted billing cycles don't get counted. (Which seems especially stupid since days of Suspended No Service do get counted, lol. ) 

Referral Reward seems to be more random. I think because your Referrals need to complete a billing cycle before you do. (It's unlikely you and your referrals sync your plan dates, especialy if one or both interrupts billing cycles.)

It's the least consistent and most fail-prone Reward (ignoring broken AitoPay issues)... I suspect the majority of complaints about unpaid Referral Rewards are really caused by Referral not yet completing a full billing cycle before the Referrer completes a cycle. 

Community Rewards are of course paid out whenever PM pays them out. Usually within the first few days of each month. There's endless speculation about exactly how these are assigned, they might only apply to the end of uninterrupted billing cycles (consistency) or they might be arbitrary fiat (unconditional).

So - short version - Rewards seem to be assessed at the end of each billing cycle, so when you push the cycle ahead you also push your Rewards further away. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korth  can you explain this a little more?  My understanding is rewards are simply not applied.   oyu used to be able to ask mods to apply them manually after the fact but they seem to have taken that line out of the get help pages.

@Korth wrote:

Beware that forced/early Plan renew will cost you any Rewards you've accumulated so far during your Plan's billing cycle, they also get reset to day 1. (Technically, each of the four Rewards is affected a different way, but things get messy when the normal cycles of things get interrupted or restarted, you get the idea.) 

Beware that forced/early Plan renew will cost you any Rewards you've accumulated so far during your Plan's billing cycle, they also get reset to day 1. (Technically, each of the four Rewards is affected a different way, but things get messy when the normal cycles of things get interrupted or restarted, you get the idea.) 

You can click the (?) At the bttom right of your screen to chat to simon. Just ask to speak with s human and follow simons prompts. He'll get a ticket in to the mods for you. What is your plan and the reason for the early renewal?

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cavemantoronto wrote:

If someone wants to renew early, moderators need to reset it. If customer can't wait for a moderator, customer would need to take a differeent plan in self serve. Doing it either ways means no discount no matter how long was left in plan. If changing to different plan, can't get old plan back if no longer offered.

Thank you for the info! I'm still learning new stuff here every day!

@nemesian wrote:

Thank you! How do I get a moderator to assisst?

Click.on the large question mark. Tell the chat computer you want to talk to a human and open a ticket to them.

@DanielleMarie wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Can't do that without a moderator assisting. You can only change to a different plan.

Oh, I didn't notice this. @nemesian Can renew now or something though, right?

If someone wants to renew early, moderators need to reset it. If customer can't wait for a moderator, customer would need to take a differeent plan in self serve. Doing it either ways means no discount no matter how long was left in plan. If changing to different plan, can't get old plan back if no longer offered.

nemesian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! How do I get a moderator to assisst?

DanielleMarie

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Can't do that without a moderator assisting. You can only change to a different plan.

Oh, I didn't notice this. @nemesian Can renew now or something though, right?

DanielleMarie

@nemesian wrote:

I preloaded the fund necessary.

Did you preload enough to cover tax? That's the only thing I can think of.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@nemesian wrote:

Hi folks,

I am trying to reset the plan early and tried using "Change plan now" function in the self serve wizard, however, nothing happens. I preloaded the fund necessary. How do I change the plan straight away (it's the same plan - trying to reset it).

Thank you!

B.

Need Help? Let's chat.