cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the plan

PeterJoyce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I am going out of country for 1 week to Mexico after Covid is cured how much does it cost to text and phone if I'm on the $25 plan?? Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

threads merged

PeterJoyce

Thank you

@PeterJoyce wrote:

Can I switch the plan if I'm going for a holiday to the USA for 1 week to the best plan then when I'm back to the $25 plan?

No need to switch plans...get the 10 Day US Roaming talk/text data add-ons.

PeterJoyce

That makes sense thanks. 

@PeterJoyce When you go to the USA purchase a US roaming plan add on it is only good for 10 days. That is your best bet. And cheapest....unless you think you will use more then it has for you? edit: it includes talk and text for 15.00 . or the one with  250mb of data fro 20.00Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 10.51.06 AM.png

@PeterJoyce the best plan won't give you the ability to talk in the US... you will still have to purchase a 10 day roaming package add-on.

also, you would be paying $100 in the month by doing that.

PeterJoyce

Can I switch the plan if I'm going for a holiday to the USA for 1 week to the best plan then when I'm back to the $25 plan?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PeterJoyce wrote:

If I am going out of country for 1 week to Mexico after Covid is cured how much does it cost to text and phone if I'm on the $25 plan?? Thanks

When in Mexico, we use the free voip app TextNow which uses the free wifi that's  available in most restaurants, resorts and bars in Mexico....just have to ask for their password. Download the free app, select a CDN number then you can use it for free calling / texting to fam and friends back home.

If you were going for longer, I'd suggest getting a local sim and a cheap 30 day talk/text/data plan  for about $20. The sim and plans can be purchased at Mexico's equivalent to 7-11 store which is Kiosko or OXXO...they're everywhere.

Give TextNow a try...it's perdy stable as long as you have a good wifi signal....and it's FREE. !

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

COvid won't be cured anytime soon but as restrictions lesson and countries open up then yes you can get to Mexico.

Member @geopublic father in law uses this Mexico sim card. Maybe he can give you more information on it.

https://mexicosimcard.ca/

You could also look into downloading the app called TEXTNOW. You get a Canadian number in your area which will allow you to call and text Canada USA numbers for FREE over Wi-Fi anywhere in the world you are traveling to.

People calling you can even leave you voicemail if you're it online.

PeterJoyce

Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeterJoyce wrote:

Does Public Mobile have international plans for Mexico?

No.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@PeterJoyce  Best to check on Amazon for a prepaid SIM option Mexico.

PeterJoyce

Does Public Mobile have international plans for Mexico?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@PeterJoyce Currently PM on has US international plans. You would have to pick up a SIM card that works in Mexico from a different provider. 

Best to download Whatsapp or Line app or telegram to text from Mexico or call. But those apps you will need wifi for. 

You could maybe get a temporary plan with another provider? 

edit:

here is a good article to get you started:

https://www.whistleout.com/CellPhones/Guides/mexico-and-canada-best-calling-texting-roaming-plans-co...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeterJoyce wrote:

Zero. You can't.

You would need to make other arrangements.

Need Help? Let's chat.