cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing swapping plans/phones/sims

mechtech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

My wife has a phone with Telus and plan expired and wish to go to Public Mobile.

Daughter has a public mobile plan but under wife's email.

I would prefer to put daughters plan under her email.

Since it seems I can't change emails on accounts, would it be easier/better if I can the plan on my daughters SIM, then put her sim in wifes phone, and create a new account with new sim for daughter?  But I guess my daughter would have a different number then, don't want that.  Or is there a way to use my wifes email for a new sim and new account, and swap emails between accounts or something?

Ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

Lisa76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the replies and help everyone.

I have went to a moderator to get the email swapped out.  Seems like this will work best for my situation.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech wrote:

My wife has a phone with Telus and plan expired and wish to go to Public Mobile.

Step 1:

Contact moderators to have them change the e-mail address associated with your daughters Public Mobile account to an e-mail address that is not your wife's. It can be easily changed, but the moderators have to do it. Many email providers allow adding secondary addresses that deliver mail to the same actual inbox, or as previously suggested Gmail supports any alias using a + suffix.

Step 2:

Maybe you meant that her "contract" was actually what expired? The plan must be active and working at the previous provider throughout the porting process to PM, and the old account will be automatically cancelled when complete.

Step 3:

Acquire a brand new SIM and activate it at Public Mobile using your wife's email address (which is now available to use) at https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ and either:

1. Choose to port-in the number as part of the activation process
  2. Choose a new "temporary" number as part of the activation process, and then afterwards contact the moderators to have them perform the number-port afterwards. This gives you some time to test that things work before the change.

Good luck!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech wrote:

Hello,

Since it seems I can't change emails on accounts, would it be easier/better if I can the plan on my daughters SIM, then put her sim in wifes phone, and create a new account with new sim for daughter?  But I guess my daughter would have a different number then, don't want that.  Or is there a way to use my wifes email for a new sim and new account, and swap emails between accounts or something?

Ideas?

If it's a gmail account...be aware that she can use alias eg  wife@gmail  and wife+1@gmail will work.

@geopublic  and @LurganIeUk  beat me to it. Thanks guys !

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech wrote:

Hello,

Ideas?

Public Mobile Gmail Alias 

If using gmail. You can use one only gmail address as per below.

An easy way to sort your email is to add categories after your username.

For example, messages sent to the following aliases used for different Public Mobile accounts will all go to janedoe@gmail.com:

Aliases 

janedoe+school@gmail.com

janedoe+notes@gmail.com

janedoe+important.emails@gmail.com

So far I have NOT been emailed from Public Mobile as account communication from them is all by text. Although just recently my wife was emailed a survey.

Copyright 2020

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech Before switching your wife over you can contact the lodwratora jave them change the account email to your daughters email. Then sign up the new account with your wifes email. Make certain that this will work by contacting the moderators. 

@gblackma has given you a link to contact them.

Have a great weekend. @

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech  If your wife uses a Gmail account or another provider that supports aliases then she can use the alias eliminating the need to make any changes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech  if you would like to change the email address on the self service account. Contact the moderators and ask them to do it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to the community. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@mechtech hi to keep it simple each account needs it's own email that is how Public identifies its accounts but you can manage her account if you wish once account is setup you can ask moderators to change an email 

Need Help? Let's chat.