cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

tarek_midnite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello there, I'm looking to change or upgrade my current plan. I have been recently charged in auto pay for my current/old plan but I want to turn over to the new plan as soon as possible. Is there a way I can upgrade and pay the difference or do I have to wait for the next cycle. Maybe also can I cancel and refund the current one and start a new plan? Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

allendick
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes.  Thanks everyone.  This works for now, but having to fool around when running out of data is unacceptable to me and the ultimate solution will be to move to another cell provider with a working website.  Time is money. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allendick wrote:

So here I am.  Paid $100, spent a half hour fooling with a glacial website and still no plan.

The glacial website is reflected in the glacial speed things get changed around here too.

No indeed...you can't renew the plan early without moderator assistance. Your workaround works of course but then it costs more and you could lose a grandfathered plan.

You need to submit a ticket to a moderator if you want to renew your plan early 

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

allendick

Thank.

Problem solved.  It is just bad programming on the website. 

Apparently I either 1.) cannot switch to the same plan with a new start date and there is no error message saying so or 2.) the software cannot handle a switch to the same plan with a new renewal date and doesn't bother to say so.

I switched to a lower plan and that worked but I am really tired of the self-serve site.  It needs a rework for 2020 expectations of performance and clarity.

Jorono
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Send a message to the moderator team.  Explain your problem then ask the moderator to help you fix it.  I just had an issue with my payment and they fixed it immediately.

@allendick 

Contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

allendick

I was almost out of data. and I am traveling so went to self serve to renew the plan. 

I was on the $50 plan and went about 'changing' to the same plan and requesting renewal now not on the next renewal date. 

The website in its turtle-like slowness while reassuring me most annoyingly that good things come to people who wait finally said I needed to add funds, so I did.

Then for some reason I had to exit that page and pushed 'exit'.  There is no acknowledgement after pressing exit and the response is extremely slow.

After a while I discovered that I had not exited and that the page had instead made a second $50 charge.  I managed to get out of there and finally after another wait got back to overview. There was $100 and no change of plan. 

Then I ran out of data and had to find wifi and gave up on using the phone and now am using my laptop to access the site and, yes, I have $100 credit and plan change and no Public Mobile Internet at a time when I need to use my phone and don't have time to waste. 

So here I am.  Paid $100, spent a half hour fooling with a glacial website and still no plan.

This has happened before when I tried this and had to use another SIM so it isn't me.  It has to be PM.

What can I do?

@Annaek you can change plans at anytime. However it's recommended that you choose the switch at next renewal date option.  Since switching immediately loses you what you paid for the current period and you are immediately charged the full price of the new one. Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan and here's where to do it.Stay safe.20200416_143943.jpg

PM is prepaid so usually no refunds.  It is recommended to change on next renewal date so you don't lose any unused minutes/texts or data.

Yekatutifruti

I do not belive they will issue a refund for you, but your best two options are: either renew on the next cycle or pay for the complete new plan and upgrade as soon as posible

Annaek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I change plans at no extra cost

Afsaneh

I wish to change my plan, but I don’t have access to my account. Cannot reset my password. Tried to continue solving problem using my mobile number but no success!!! It is really strange

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@tarek_midnite you can change immediately, but you will lose what you paid and have to pay for the total cost of your new plan. It better to choose change at next renewal date. Heres an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.