cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

CC14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I want to switch my plan to take advantage of the 2gb bonus... am I able to create a new account and use my current SIM card and keep my current number or do I need to get a new SIM card and #
thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

If his account was suspended for longer than 90 days after his latest renewal expired...that account is no longer useable and he'd need a new sim and start a new account.

When did he have an account last ?

JeffreyLIving
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am sending a message for a friend on Public Mobile, he has a public mobile phone number but cannot access his account, he cannot sign in with his email, he tries forgot password and the email is not registered, he cannot register as the phone is not found.  

He would like to change his plan, what is the simplest way to change a plan and find his account?  

@CC14 wrote:

Thanks @darlicious I think I'm going to upgrade a tier seems like the easiest solution

@CC14  Your welcome anytime.

CC14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks @darlicious I think I'm going to upgrade a tier seems like the easiest solution

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CC14 wrote:

Hi all,

I want to switch my plan to take advantage of the 2gb bonus... am I able to create a new account and use my current SIM card and keep my current number or do I need to get a new SIM card and #
thanks 

@CC14  The extra 2gb bonus is tempting but is it worth the hassle and extra expense for the extra data for 6 months? Depending on your plan it might just be easier to bump up to the next higher priced plan. $35plan to $40 ($5 gets 3.5gb more) $40 o $50 ($10 gets 3.5gb more and US calling) $50 to $60 ($10 gets 3.5gb extra on current promo plan of 12gb) Consider these options before changing or deciding to port out and back in again. If you dont mind losing your number activating a new sm and referring yourself is a reasonable deal for the extra data.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite wrote:

@popping wrote:

You cannot port a number from one PM account to another PM account. 

Only because it frustrates me, it's actually "may not" not "cannot". Robot Sad

Agree.  PM prepaid and Koodo prepaid are sharing the same backend(server).  Moderator can move a number between accounts within the same backend(server).  It is possible if moderator is allowed to port a number between 2 PM accounts.

@popping wrote:

You cannot port a number from one PM account to another PM account. 

Only because it frustrates me, it's actually "may not" not "cannot". Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@CC14 

The promo that you are referring to is for new activation only.  Therefore, existing account can switch to that plan without the bonus.  @GR is correct.  You need to get a new SIM card and activate a new plan to get the bonus.  

If you are planning to create a new account and cancel the current account, you can self-refer to a new account to get the $10 credit.  SInce PM is a prepaid provider, there is no refund of unused days.  You will be forfeiting any available fund in your account.  You cannot port a number from one PM account to another PM account. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@CC14If you want to take advantage of the plan and to keep your number you will need a new Public Mobile SIM card, a SIM card from another carrier eg Bell's $10 prepaid SIM card.. port your number to Bell, then Bell back to Public Mobile.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@CC14 you'd need to get a new Sim card and new number and also create a new self serve account using a different email address 

Need Help? Let's chat.