cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

MissHaley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I'm trying to change my plan and when I go to build my own plan 2G at LTE speed is not available. Why is this? 

21 REPLIES 21

@MissHaley, the 90-day version is still available.  See the signed-in plan builder.

MissHaley

Thanks was just wodnering if I missed something but I guess it's not available anymore.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@stonechuckerI just looked at the custom plan builder 2GB @ 4G LTE Speed option is there still at $47.. what kind of fabrication are you making?!

@stonechucker wrote:

The $47 2GB at LTE speed plan was removed as a selection a couple of months ago.

I too was recently looking for it, but alas, it does not exist any longer.  In fact, as you've seen, it's been removed from the plan builder, as well as the ready-made plans.

Sorry, @GinYVR, I'm speaking the truth!

As typed out previously by someone else, only 1GB, 4GB, and 6GB in the plan builder.

Wow! Word-eating and touche's all around. You're both right. stonechucker's a little more right but still. Authoritative assertions and put downs therein are never welcome.

MissHaley

It does not show up when I am logged in and try to change my plan through build your own plan 

MissHaley

Sorry to clarify I meant 2Gigs of data at LTE speed. It's there if I look at build my own plan when not logged in but when I log in and try to change my plan through build my own plan it does not show up. Only 1gig and 4 gigs shows up as options.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@MissHaley, you can get a 90-day 6 GB plan, with your choice of calling and texting in the plan builder.  It's not 30 days, but it is 3x30 days long.

Works out to the same 2 GB/30-days you're looking for, but it's a 90 day upfront cost, rather than 30 days.

@GinYVR whether it's a mistake by Public Mobile to remove it from the actual plan builder, or a mistake to leave it in the advertising of available plans, it's not currently offered as it's not in the ready-made plans, nor the plan builder.

@GinYVR wrote:

@stonechuckerI just looked at the custom plan builder 2GB @ 4G LTE Speed option is there still at $47.. what kind of fabrication are you making?!

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.35.35 AM.png

@stonechucker wrote:

The $47 2GB at LTE speed plan was removed as a selection a couple of months ago.

I too was recently looking for it, but alas, it does not exist any longer.  In fact, as you've seen, it's been removed from the plan builder, as well as the ready-made plans.

Sorry, @GinYVR, I'm speaking the truth!

currentplanbuilder06252019pm.PNG

As typed out previously by someone else, only 1GB, 4GB, and 6GB in the plan builder.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sigh...lots of back and forth/duking it out here, but why don't we wait to hear more from the OP? 🙂 

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.35.35 AM.png

@stonechucker wrote:

@bravo_md wrote:

Because 2 GB data is what people only really need.

@bravo_md, if the OP wants 2GB of LTE, it is available. If she wants 2GB of 3G, it's also available AND she'll get 500MB BONUS.

@popping wrote:

@MissHaley wrote:

Hi

I'm trying to change my plan and when I go to build my own plan 2G at LTE speed is not available. Why is this? 

PM offers only the following data at LTE speed:

- 500MB

- 1GB

- 4GB

- 6GB

I don't know why PM does not offer 2GB LTE data option. 

@Alan_K  Please advise.

@popping, check out the Build Your Own Plan...there, you'll find 2GB LTE in the data column.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Because 2 GB data is what people only really need.

@popping I can see 2GB @ LTE speed (as showed in my screen capture).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MissHaley wrote:

Hi

PM offers only the following data at LTE speed:

- 500MB

- 1GB

- 4GB

- 6GB

I don't know why PM does not offer 2GB LTE data option. 

@Alan_K  Please advise.

2G at LTE is available, if that was the question.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@MissHaleyCan you clarify your phrasing? What do you mean by "2G at LTE speed"?

If you really mean "xx GB at 2G Speed" then that is pretty slow.. about the speed when the highest tier providers throttle you after you go over their unlimited plans. ie 256kbps. Honestly the speed is a marketing gimmick or artificial niche so to enable Public to offer you a cheaper rate.

Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 10.15.54 AM.png

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think she means 2 GB not 2 G

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM has 3G or LTE speeds.  There is no 2G.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MissHaley wrote:

Hi

2G isn't available on Public Mobile network now. "Old" technology I suppose.

Need Help? Let's chat.