cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans

Lenor1214
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. 

I had 11 more days to my plan, but I have used all of my data. So I changed my plan and I was charged full price.

Is there possibility to get more data or to get refund? I had almost two whole weeks till my plan was over

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lenor1214  as mentioned earlier, depending on your plan early renewal can usually a better option than buying a data addon especially looking at $/mb

Much depends on how much data you will use, and if you expect to go over again in the future.

Sometimes a little math can help you decide the  best action.

for my case:

my plan is 12gb for $120 /90 days so my plan works out to be  $1.30 day ($120/90)  

now lets look at the data addon

• use full 1gb =$30/14 days = $2.15$/day  
  • use only 500mb =  $1.07$/day   (still paying $30 and have 500 mb left for the future)

another way to look at it is mb/day my plan 12288mb/90 =136mb/day

• use full gb = 1024/14= 73mb/day
  • use only 500mb=  36mb/day  (still paying $30 and have 500 mb left for the future)

so looking at these figures and comparing them to your actual plan can possiblt help decide which is the best route early renewal or addon.

Lenor1214

Thank you 

alanbrenan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Lenor1214 wrote:

I didn't know that. It's good to know. Thank you

Of course, and good luck!

Next time I would recommend asking the community's advice before making changes to your account. We're all helpful folks here that want to make sure everyone gets the best out of their service with Public Mobile just like we do!

Lenor1214

I didn't know that. It's good to know. Thank you

alanbrenan

@Lenor1214 wrote:

I cannot find how to PM a community moderator. 

Click this following URL: Moderator Team.

Include a link to this thread as well as any other relevant information.

Lenor1214

Thank you

Lenor1214

I cannot find how to PM a community moderator. 

alanbrenan

Hello @Lenor1214!

As I understand it, you purchased a new plan so as to renew your data. This is a very common practice in the community and as far as I am aware, it is something the Moderator Team can assist you with in the future.

If you wish to get more data in the future, you can buy an add-on and pay $30 for 1GB or $10 for 200mb. Alternatively, you can switch to a plan that has more data. For refunding, however, you cannot get a refund for unused time as @KMG has stated.

Your best bet would be to PM the Moderator Team explaining your situation and see if they can do anything for you. Your best bet would be to show you understand they're under no obligation to refund you for the eleven days of service and be understanding if they decline your request.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also, if you were simply out of data, you can buy a data add-on to keep you going until your renewal date.  Depending on the number of days, and the price of your plan, this could be a viable solution.  Plus, the data add-on does not expire.  Whatever you don't use should roll over to the next cycle.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When you change plans, you have 2 options:

1. Change right away, which results in being charged immediately.  You can't get a refund for unused time.

2. Set it to "future date", in which case your plan changes on your next renewal date.

Need Help? Let's chat.