cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plans/renewal date

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

My current plan renews at 11:59 tonight/or otherwise on Sept 6th. I would like to change my plan. I go into plans and add ons, choose change plan, choose new plan....i want it to change at the renewal date which will be 18 hours away. Do I still choose "on renewal date"? Will it change at 11:59pm tonight or could it possibly default to 30 days from now? As long as I can finally get my other phone activated losing my extra features won't really matter if I chose "change plan now". 

Just to be safe I will be manually paying before auto pay kicks in. Trying to safe rather than sorry.

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious wrote:

My current plan renews at 11:59 tonight/or otherwise on Sept 6th. I would like to change my plan. I go into plans and add ons, choose change plan, choose new plan....i want it to change at the renewal date which will be 18 hours away. Do I still choose "on renewal date"? Will it change at 11:59pm tonight or could it possibly default to 30 days from now? As long as I can finally get my other phone activated losing my extra features won't really matter if I chose "change plan now". 

Just to be safe I will be manually paying before auto pay kicks in. Trying to safe rather than sorry.

If you want to be safe, don't use the immediate option.  You would probably be fine if you did that, and you would just end up forfeiting the rest of the day for the plan that you already have.  However, the problem with use that option would be it the renewal (on the old plan) had already taken place and you did not notice.

Chipster
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree... except for maybe one case.

Suppose you are out of data... and are considering changing plans. It would probably be more cost affective to change plans right away then to purchase an add-on data package to get you to the renewal date.

Plan change on renewal date complete. Thank you

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious, always choose the option to effect the plan change on the next renewal regardless of how close to renewal time. 

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

On the other hand if you ask for the plan change to happen right away you aren't really losing that much since as you said, your renewal would be happening later today anways.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, change on renewal date.

Changing your plan on the next plan renewal dateWe recommend you choose this option because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for until your next plan renewal date. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Cool. Is there a badge for that, lol.

Hey congrats...your post that I bravoed got me the 25 bravo badge! I wasn't keeping track.

In theory it should be ok....

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I would think so, but sadly, I am not sure. If you don't get a concrete answer, I would just plan it for renewal and send a support ticket if it doesn't. I would think the moderators would fix it for you as common sense tells me it would be PM's issue if it didn't.

Need Help? Let's chat.