cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan

wildheart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I just saw that Public Mobile is now offering a few new plans, and I would like to change mine for the 9.5GB for $48 but I don’t see this plan in the options? Are these new plans for new customers only?

Thank you!

64A9B55F-5C5D-43CC-B368-014A325FCB48.jpeg

88A7AD8E-E914-483C-A9E3-3E73B9E8A93E.jpeg

19 REPLIES 19

wildheart

Wow thank you! I just sent a PM to Catherine, hopefully she will be able to help me! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wildheart wrote:

Update: the moderators told me these plans are for new customers only 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

The moderators are wrong. Their boss @Catherine_T says otherwise.

So if you changed for next renewal, I guess just wait 'til then and then keep an eye out and if it still doesn't give you 9.5 then ask again. And somewhere around here is the boss's confirmation that this should work for you.

wildheart

Update: the moderators told me these plans are for new customers only 🤦🏼‍♀️🙄

wildheart

I have always been on autopay 🤔 I will be waiting for an answer from the moderators. Thank you 🙂

@wildheart 

it's a good idea to manually top up and add $50 "available funds" into your account. unless you want to also test out a plan change on auto-pay for us 👏

*choose "other enter the desired amount" option don't choose  "amount due". 

wildheart

No problem, happy I could help! I sent a PM to the moderators. Thanks anyway! 🙂

@wildheart  first I have to say thank you very much for trying the change at next renewal. At least we know that portion works that the system does in fact let you change to the same plan.

@computergeek541  system let him change to same plan.

@wildheart  secondly. I was not aware you just paid your renewal in the last few days since next payment due date is December 31st.

I really don't want you to wait that long to just do a test for us regular members to see if system would actually give you the 9.5 gigs.

I'd suggest you cancel the "change at next renewal" and then contact the moderators to see if they can give you the 9.5 gigs right away since you just paid.

If your next payment due date was in a few days I'd ask you if you wouldn't mind waiting to see if system does it automatically but I don't want you waiting an entire month to see.

I thank you again for doing the first part of the test but do contact moderators to see if you can get 9.5 right away.

Happy Holidays!

wildheart

Hey! Thanks for the offer! I just did it, I selected the same plan for the next renewal. Nothing special happened, and now I guess I have to wait until December 31 to see if it did something? 😅

3F0EBA5A-03B2-4DE3-85F7-942E5DE66B97.jpeg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@JK8  no difference on French side.

@wildheart  Do you want to try something as a test? We've been waiting for someone in Quebec on the $50 8.5 gig plan that wants the 9.5 gigs. 

@Anonymous @computergeek541 maybe we have someone to test our discussion yesterday.

@wildheart  Anyways I am in Quebec on the $15 plan. PCgeek says the system does not allow you to change to the same plan.

It let me pick "change at next renewal" for the same $15 plan.

Now in Quebec the $35 plan you get $5 off and the terms and conditions say. Will be automatically applied.

Although I'm not on the $35 plan (we're waiting for someone that is to try this test) if I select change at next renewal it shows me the $5 discount that will be applied since I'm in Quebec.

For the $50 plan the terms of the 9.5 gigs say "after activation". When I do change at next renewal for the $50 plan it does not show me the 9.5 gigs. I believe because the term of that promotion says "after activation" where the $35 promo for $5 discount says "automatically" which is why it shows me the $5 discount. Just my guess though.

So I am wondering if you wanted to be our tester since you currently are on the $50 plan. If you would want to try selecting the $50 plan again and do "change at next renewal"??

To see if. 1 - the system let's you do change at renewal and 2 when your renewal does take place to see if the system automatically gives you the 9.5 gigs?

If it doesn't just contact the moderators to adjust (right after the renewal takes place)

It's ok if you don't want to be the tester that's understandable to. In that case contact moderators as @esjliv listed. They would likely have to do something in the back end so at next payment due date you'd get 9.5 gigs instead of 8.5 gigs that you have been paying for. I'm not sure that once you contact them they will give it to you right away or tell you to wait for next payment due date. That's why I asked if you wanted to be our tester🙂.

Have a good weekend!

@wildheart wrote:

Well I live in Québec, I do have an address and phone number from Québec... I don’t understand? 🤔

Does it make a difference if you log into the French website?

https://libreservice.publicmobile.ca/

wildheart

Thank you! I just sent a PM to the moderator team. 🙂

Hi @wildheart ,

IF that first post you posted is of your options to change your plan in you SELF SERVE than that is weird, if you are in Quebec and have a Quebec number...?

Maybe check in with the moderators about why your account is not showing it as you expect it to under the "Change Plan" option.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to:

Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

wildheart

Well I live in Québec, I do have an address and phone number from Québec... I don’t understand? 🤔

@Anonymous wrote:

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Anonymous , I was goofing around, and look at Quebec's rates, not knowing who is PQ to be honest, and there plans for Public Mobile is $2 less than the normal ones. I would love it my plan was cheaper by a couple bucks more! Why the difference in other provinces...

Ask Telus 🙂

Quebec plan costs are showing the netted out autopay reward. But they do offer some more data. I think they're competing with Videotron or some such thing.

I was making a bit of a joke of the initials with Luddite.

My sense is there are legal considerations that allow QC pricing to show with certain rewards factored in whereas the rest of Canada shows the base price with no adjustments.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Anonymous , I was goofing around, and look at Quebec's rates, not knowing who is PQ to be honest, and there plans for Public Mobile is $2 less than the normal ones. I would love it my plan was cheaper by a couple bucks more! Why the difference in other provinces...

Ask Telus 🙂

Quebec plan costs are showing the netted out autopay reward. But they do offer some more data. I think they're competing with Videotron or some such thing.

I was making a bit of a joke of the initials with Luddite.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

@wildheart  Only available for PQ addresses and phone numbers.

What about BQ addresses and phone numbers? Are they being discriminated against? 🙂

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@wildheart  Only available for PQ addresses and phone numbers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.