cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan

Parv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change the plan right away, Will I get double charged. I am upgrading from a plan to another one and my cycle is 18 March, If I upgrade the plan right away instead of choosing the " change on renewal date" Will I be charged today and also on 18th as it is the cycle or my new cycle will start from today till next month.

9 REPLIES 9

@killerofmusic wrote:

Maybe you can call on their service phone tell them you made a mistake. In general I have found that Public mobile reps are very understanding and helpful in this regard. Plus with the COVID - 19 virus panic, Its understandable people want to upgrade their plans in case of an emergency. 

You can try submitting a ticket using SIMon

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Hope this helps. 

I wouldn't ask for a refund from the moderators. The refund process can take weeks. By that time, it will be close to renwal time.

killerofmusic

Maybe you can call on their service phone tell them you made a mistake. In general I have found that Public mobile reps are very understanding and helpful in this regard. Plus with the COVID - 19 virus panic, Its understandable people want to upgrade their plans in case of an emergency. 

You can try submitting a ticket using SIMon

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Hope this helps. 

Parv

Thanks, I just ended up spending double , but relieved by what you just said. I am counting on you :catvery-happy:

That's correct @Parv 

Next autopay will not execute if you have enough on account

You will still get rewards though

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Parv   Any extra funds will stay in your account balance and will be used towards the next payment cycle.   Edit: sorry about the editing, having issues with the quote function:)

@Parv wrote:

I did change the plan , however I added fund twice by mistake. Also Autopay is active. Will these funds count towards my next payment or autopay will still deduct amount from my account despite having sufficient funds for next cycle ?

Parv

I did change the plan , however I added fund twice by mistake. Also Autopay is active. Will these funds count towards my next payment or autopay will still deduct amount from my account despite having sufficient funds for next cycle ?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Parv 

No you won't be charged on 18th

Your cycle will shift 3 days before your next renewal day will be April 14th

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Parv   It's always a good idea to Renew at Next Cycle rather than doing an immediate plan change as you will pay for the new plan and forfeit any remaining features of your current plan and there is no refunds or pro-ration.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you select change now. You're charged right away and new plan will start. No refund on unused days from old plan. Your new payment due date will change 30 days will start from today as well.

If you select change at next renewal..you keep current plan and your next payment date you're charged for your new plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.