cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan on auto-payment before current one expires

guri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

My current 90 day plan is set to expire and auto-pay $76 on Feb 3. I'm planning on heading out of the country Feb 9 for 2 months so don't want to pay for a service I won't be using from Feb 9-Apr 9. I went in to change my plan to the 10-day plan starting on my next renewal date, assuming that on Feb 3 it would charge me $15 for 10 days instead of $76 for 90 days. But after checking back on the main page it still says it's going to charge $76 on Feb 3 for 90 days and my 10-day plan takes effect Feb 4 - which is really confusing and doesn't sound like what I want. If I choose to change the plan now it wants to charge my credit card the $15+tax, but I'm not sure if that means it takes effect today for 10 days.

Can someone help me figure out the correct way to have my plan switch to a 10-day on Feb 3 so I have service until Feb 13 then I can suspend it until I get back on Apr 9?

-thanks

8 REPLIES 8

guri

@Mary_M

So I changed my 90 day plan to a 10 day plan after it expired and now I'm out of the country until April but when I login it still says:

• Account Deactivation Date: Mar 16, 2017

Why doesn't it say May 13, 2017 since my 10 day top-up expired Feb 13?

Does this mean I will lose my number after Mar 16? But I'm out of the country and don't need my phone until mid-April.

guri

Thanks, that worked

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @guri,

Can you please clear your cache/cookies and try again? If still unsuccessful, do not hesitate to send me your phone number via private message and I'll look into it 🙂

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

guri

I undid the 10-day plan once I realized it said it would take effect after my auto-renwal of my 90-day plan. Then I went in and disabled auto-pay. Now I went back to see if I could pick a 10-day plan and it looks like I broke it :(. See attached for screenshots. My plan now only shows "Pick & Pay". If I click on "Change Plan" or "Plan Details" I get error messages. Looking at my plan details shows nothing and it won't let me pick a new plan.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 12.39.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 12.40.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 12.43.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 12.40.32 PM.png

@guri wrote:

Hi @ShawnC13, thanks for the reply, no I'm not on the promo. Ok, so disable autopay, wait till Feb 3 for phone to stop working. Then change plan to 10 day. Thanks, will look into doing that.

Good plan. You could also try this experiment:

1. delete autopay

2. click Change Plan, pick the 10 day plan you want and choose "change on next renewal", pay for the plan if needed and log out.

3. check for service the day after expiry and private message a moderator if it is not active. If service stops it's likely the system took the 10 day funds but tried to apply it to your 90 day plan.

Good luck. Have a great trip.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

guri

Hi @ShawnC13, thanks for the reply, no I'm not on the promo. Ok, so disable autopay, wait till Feb 3 for phone to stop working. Then change plan to 10 day. Thanks, will look into doing that.

If you are on the fall 2016 promo plan and change to a 10 day plan you CANNOT get the promo plan back. @ShawnC13's suggestion is the only vialble option in that case.

This actually applies to any "grandfathered" plan; if you change plans it's lost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@guri  I would disable the autopay option.  Are you on the fall promo plan of 90 days $120 12gb of data?  If you are I don't know if you want to go to a 10 day plan as you would lose that option when you return. 

My suggestion if you want to keep the 90 day plan you have is remove autopay and let it expire it can sit suspended for 89 days before it is closed and you lose the number.  I would also order a  new PM sim and activate it for a 10 day plan that you would like. BUT you would be creating a new number for yourself for those 6 days or so. 

If you are on just a regular plan that wasn't the fall promo, deactivate your autopay it may suspend your account but then go in and choose the 10 day plan that you would like.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.