cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan: Lose the money I've gained?

Callan89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I'm thinking of changing my plan, and I was wondering if that will cost me all the money off I've gained from being with the company for a few years and having gotten people to sign up for Public Mobile? Thank you in advance!  

7 REPLIES 7

Kaleden

Make sure you choose “change on next renewal date” at the bottom left and you will retain any promos you have. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Callan89...

just remember that if you do change plans and later on you decide you want your current plan back...unless it's still an in market plan, you won't be able to get that one back. Some folks still have the old 90 day plans which are no longer an option.

Otherwise, as already pointed out...you won't lose your current Loyalty rewards just for changing your plan. Any Refer-a-friend Rewards will stay as long as that friend stays with PM as well.

Smnewt

I have changed my plan and my bonus and purchases from PM have been maintained. To date I have had no issues with this company. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Callan89 

Here's a complete schematic re the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Click Change Plan:

Spudster_0-1618140597996.png

Then select desired Plan:

Spudster_1-1618140598056.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

Spudster_2-1618140598063.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Callan89 wrote:

Hi! I'm thinking of changing my plan, and I was wondering if that will cost me all the money off I've gained from being with the company for a few years and having gotten people to sign up for Public Mobile? Thank you in advance!  

Hi @Callan89 

Changing your plan mid-cycle means you'll forfeit any remaining time on the current cycle you're on, meaning the amount you've paid for it will also be gone.

It's best to change cycles "on next renewal" when utilizing the "Change Plan" option to avoid this loss.

With respect to your Loyalty Reward and your Refer a Friend Rewards, those will remain as eligible discounts against the plan that you select.

If (on the slim chance) by Changing plan, you mean move service to another provider, then yes, the plan becomes discontinued and deactivates and you'll lose any rewards gained by being a Public Mobile customer.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You can think of the money you've gained/earned tied to your Account, regardless of what Plan you have.  So, you upgrade/downgrade your price plan all within your account.  However, if you close your account (eg. port/transfer your number out to another carrier), your account will close and you'll lose anything you've gained/earned.

The only other possibility are special promotions and fine print.  If you received a promotion for Bonus Data tied to a specific Price or Plan, then you need to make sure you keep within that "fine print" or risk losing the promotion.  🙂

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Callan89 wrote:

You will not lose anything. When changing plans in self service choose “Change on next renewal date.”

F59E8D3D-4A0B-4B0C-98E8-E07552402E6F.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.