cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a plan

Public201907
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just wondering if I upgrade to a more expensive plan, does my upgrade become effective immediately and do I get access to the extra data immediately upon upgrade?  Or would it take effect at the end of the month when I am normally billed.  I may need more data but I would need access to it immediately.

4 REPLIES 4

Danitup
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You have 3 options

1. Get new plan.. and you pay in FULL for the new plan with NO refund or credit for your old plan. Your new plan will be active immediately and it will be the start of your new renew date. 

2. You choose your new plan but select the option for it to start when your existing plan expires. You will be only charged for the new plan when your existing plan expires.

3. You choose an add on... if it is available in the add on section. Prices and time will depend on what u choose. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I suggest you use up your data and once you deplete it then make the switch, that way you use up everything you paid for. Once you switch the counter will reset to 30 days

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Public201907 wrote:

Just wondering if I upgrade to a more expensive plan, does my upgrade become effective immediately and do I get access to the extra data immediately upon upgrade?  Or would it take effect at the end of the month when I am normally billed.  I may need more data but I would need access to it immediately.

Yes, barring any issues, the change would be immediate and you would have access to the new plan features, however, as mentioned you forfeit what you've already paid for and will have to prepay for the changed plan as well.  So it's always recommended to either get a add-on data (can be expensive, but doesn't expire), to tide you over, or depending on which plan you currently have, change to a less expensive one and then future date to the one you had previously if that is your preferred plan.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Public201907 You have 2 options.. Change now and forfeit the balance of the plan or Change at Plan Renewal.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 10.25.49 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.