cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a plan midway

iko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just realized I'm using more data than anticipated and $30 for 1G seems to me steep. So I wanted to change the plan from 3G / 90 days to 6G / 90 days. However, when I try topping up it asks for the full $120, not the difference between the two plans. If I choose that the plan changes at the end of the current prepaid period, it says it will charge $60, not the $120 that the 6G plan costs. This is confusing. 

Can I not change now to the plan with more data and pay just the difference (120-111=9)?

5 REPLIES 5

iko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone. I decided to wait until I completely use all the data (which will take me almost to the end of the billing period) and then switch to the 6G/90 days plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@iko as previously mentioned, there's no way to do what you're asking about in the self-serve portal.  (If you'd like to see that change, please review and consider up-voting my suggestion here in the public labs area to lend your support to the request.)

If you need to change your plan now without waiting, you could reach out to one of the community moderators via private message and politely explain your sitatuion and ask for assistance.  They have been known to make exceptions at times when possible, and they may be able to do this for you in their back-end system.  If you're not sure how to find the community moderators and/or how to send them a private message, please see the links in the italic text at the bottom of this reply for more info.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Sorry you are stuck without a good choice.

If you think your data usage will remain at your current level you will have to decide between data add-on(s) to tide you over or switch now. I don't think your rewards will be lost if you do that, but will carry over to your next renewal.

If you think 3GB/90 days will likely be fine long term, you could click Change Plan now but pick your current plan. Again, I don't think your rewards will be lost if you do that, but will carry over to your next renewal.

Bit of a quandry. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Depending on the number of eligable rewards you may or may not have, $60 could be the right amount for renewal, but it all depends.

If you're scheduling a future dated plan change, please ensure you are picking all the options, not just the data.  You must specify number of days, type of talk, yes or no for text, and type of data.  If anything is missing, that will be omitted on your renewal.

@sportymi is correct, there is no mid-plan change allowed.  It's all or nothing.

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Oh no, there is no changing a plan midway and prorata it as you think.

You either give up the rest of your 90 days plan now, and sign on to the 6G/90 days plan or wait till you finish with your 3GB/90 days then start a 6G/90 days.

What I don't get is why it says $60, it should be $120 either way. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

Need Help? Let's chat.