cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing/Renewing the same plan - Did not work this morning

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am currently on the 40$ plan which was schedueld to renew on 27th October. This morning i ran out of data. I wanted to renew my plan today itself. I login into selfserve and add funds which was 45.2$ (inlcuding tax). Once i submitted, the top up window stayed open. It did not close. And i mistakenly clicked it again. Now my account has 80$ topped up; which is fine as i have not lost any money but stil smh. I then clicked on 'Change Plan Now'  (and not 'Change on next Renewal') - my plan did not 'renew/change' to the same 40$ plan. 

Since it dint work first time, i tried 'Change Plan Now'  a second time and still did not work.

I hope there is no delay in changing the plans and also hope not to get charged twice later today.

Is there an issue renewing plans with PM? I have in the past changed plans from 25$ to 40$ which worked fine. Currently i dont have any data and acocunt still says renewal on 27th.1.JPG2.JPG

7 REPLIES 7

@maheshboloor wrote:

@GinYVR it did not work. I was basically renewing my 40$ plan 4 days early. Like @iliketotalk mentioned, apparently we cannot renew the same plan early. Ah well. All good now, changed the plan to 25$ one. Will change back to 40$ when I use up the 1gb data.

I understand the part about not wanting to wait for moderators and wanting or needing the data to start working immediately.  However, if you commonly use about 5GB of data per 30 days, I wouldn't have taken a plan that only includes 1GB.  I believe the $50 may have been better suited for your usage, and you would have been less likely to need to renew early or perform an immediately plan change again. If you do end up using more than 1GB, that's $25 plan that, based on past usage patterns, may only last you a week.  Is 1GB going to at least last you the majority of the next 30 days?

maheshboloor

@GinYVR it did not work. I was basically renewing my 40$ plan 4 days early. Like @iliketotalk mentioned, apparently we cannot renew the same plan early. Ah well. All good now, changed the plan to 25$ one. Will change back to 40$ when I use up the 1gb data.

@maheshboloorIf you click on "Change Plan now" and you have enough balance on your account, you will be charged immediately and the plan will be changed at the same time.

maheshboloor

@iliketotalk wrote:

@maheshboloor hi no you shouldn't as it is it is not possible to change plan early on your ownSmiley Happy only if you tried to change to a different plan 

@iliketotalk Thank you. Since i need data today i changed plan to 25$. I know mods mights take a few hours to a day or two to get back to me. That said, i also want to mention that since its only 4 days left in my 30 day cycle, my primary usage (messaging on whatsapp and google maps) could have been easily met with slow throttled data (128 kbps like Lucky has). Also limitations like these doesnt really help customers. Hope mods take notice of this.

@maheshboloor hi no you shouldn't as it is it is not possible to change plan early on your ownSmiley Happy only if you tried to change to a different plan 

maheshboloor

@iliketotalk wrote:

@maheshboloor hi you cannot renew the same plan early without moderators assisitance you need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@iliketotalk Thank you. I did not know that. I will reach out to the mods. Follow up question, since I clicked on change plan now, I won't be charged later on today, will i? I am actually afraid of getting charged and plan not getting renewed.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor hi you cannot renew the same plan early without moderators assisitance only change to another plan is possible , you need to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.