cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans

jenniewilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in a situation where I'm about to run out of data and rather than buying more as a temporary measure, I figure I'll upgrade my plan so I have more every month going forward. The catch is, I'm 60 days into a 90 day "Build your own plan" and if I change plans and select the option to have it effective immediately, is the money for the last 30 days gone or is applied to the cost of the new plan?

Sorry if that's a little wordy. I hope my description of the problem is clear enough to yield an answer.

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@emilyy_hayess wrote:

I have the same problem as mentioned above. I thought the 1.5 GB of data reset every 30 days instead of being spread over 90 days. I hit the click here button in your message and it wouldn't let me send a private message, it shows that there's no message there to respond to. What's my best solution to this problem?

@emilyy_hayess  The best soloution for you would be to switch the the current ready made $25.00 plan (30 day).

25.JPG

As others have mentioned contacting the moderator will not help and you will not receive a credit for any prepaid amount. If you still want to contact a moderator then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emilyy_hayess wrote:

I have the same problem as mentioned above. I thought the 1.5 GB of data reset every 30 days instead of being spread over 90 days. I hit the click here button in your message and it wouldn't let me send a private message, it shows that there's no message there to respond to. What's my best solution to this problem?

@geopublic: This is an older thread.

@emilyy_hayess: You can always change plan to a different plan that offers a larger bucket o' data to spread out over 3 months. Or change plan to a 30 day term with the revolving 30 days of data. If you like your money then be sure to change plan for your next renewal.

@wetcoaster wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@jenniewilson

If you are switching to new plan, change it to new plan immediately.  Private message the moderator and hopefully, with some good will, the moderators may credit your account.  YMMV.  

Or other option is what you mentioned upgrade to your new plan at the next renewal date.  Live without data for one month or use the 1GB data add on.  But, probably still cheaper to renew new plan earlier.  

@Dunkman

This being a prepaid service there will be no refunds for unused portions of a plan when switching plans mid cycle (or porting out). Moderators have been known to extend a good will gesture in the first day or so when people have made a mistake in plan selection. 60 days into your 90 day cycle running out of data? Not happening, IMHO.

+1

emilyy_hayess
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

jenniewilson

I'm usually connected to WiFi so I don't tend to use a lot of data and have thus far been fine with what my current plan offers. I ran out early this time because I spent a fair bit of time at a cottage with no Internet service and forgot to adjust my habits accordingly. As such, I'm confident the 1GB add-on should cover my needs until my plan renews.

@jenniewilson, what plan are you on now, and which one would you consider to move to?

You can future date for a couple really good 30 day plans right now that are promotional.  Essentially, I'm asking how much data (3G speed or full LTE) ??   Perhaps we could assist you in a choice that might make sense.

@jenniewilson wrote:

Thanks, everyone.

I've concluded that the best course of action is to purchase a 1GB add-on for $30 to tide me over, evaluate my needs for the next few weeks and make changes (if necessary) when my prepaid balance expires.

If you find that you want to switch to a different plan / higher data bucket at your next renewal date schedule a future dated plan change a minimum of a couple of days before the renewal so that it's registered and the system automatically applies the change.

jenniewilson

Thanks, everyone.

I've concluded that the best course of action is to purchase a 1GB add-on for $30 to tide me over, evaluate my needs for the next few weeks and make changes (if necessary) when my prepaid balance expires.

@Dunkman wrote:

@jenniewilson

If you are switching to new plan, change it to new plan immediately.  Private message the moderator and hopefully, with some good will, the moderators may credit your account.  YMMV.  

Or other option is what you mentioned upgrade to your new plan at the next renewal date.  Live without data for one month or use the 1GB data add on.  But, probably still cheaper to renew new plan earlier.  

@Dunkman

This being a prepaid service there will be no refunds for unused portions of a plan when switching plans mid cycle (or porting out). Moderators have been known to extend a good will gesture in the first day or so when people have made a mistake in plan selection. 60 days into your 90 day cycle running out of data? Not happening, IMHO.

That's right. Although I've seen differing posts, I was thinking of a suspended account.

@jenniewilson

@JL9 wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@jenniewilson

Unfortunately, you will lose the 30 days if you renew your plan earlier.  Also, you will need the help of a moderator to renew the same plan earlier.  If you switch plans, you can do it yourself.  From my understanding.  

Since Public mobile is a prepaid service, they do not prorated plans if you leave or change plans earlier.  

That is correct, but it would still probably be cheaper to upgrade early. If you got a 1GB add on, that would be $30 and not sure if that would last your 30 days or not? So while it may sting a little to leave 30 days on the table, upgrading early may actually work out to cheaper in the long run (depending on your data usage).

As dunkman says though, if you do go this route it has to be facilitated by the mods.

I look at it this way: These days we are essentially paying for the data, talk and text are a bonus. So if you run out of data you have used your plan to the fullest and if you need more data you are not really missing 30days worth of service. 

My two cents, of course.

@JL9, @Anonymous

@jenniewilson  stated that they are looking for for a higher data bucket - once they have used all their data in their existing plan they can do an immediate plan change (or add an add-on if that works better) in selve serve - no need to get a moderator involved.

@Anonymous wrote:

public mobile maybe will credit to your account but you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your Changing Plans

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

While highly unlikely, I guess it wouldn't hurt to reach out to see if anything can be done. However from previous threads and inquiries, this usually isn't available as an option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

public mobile maybe will credit to your account but you need send a private message >> Click here 

In your message put it, please include.

- your Name 

- your account number ,if you have it 

- your phone number 

- your account, 4 digit PIN

- date of birth 

- Detailed explanation of specific your Changing Plans

- them can help you a lot nice service Team

Waiting for Response, Community Moderators are available from:

Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7pm (EDT)
During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.
And be patient please

Good Luck

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@Dunkman wrote:

@jenniewilson

Unfortunately, you will lose the 30 days if you renew your plan earlier.  Also, you will need the help of a moderator to renew the same plan earlier.  If you switch plans, you can do it yourself.  From my understanding.  

Since Public mobile is a prepaid service, they do not prorated plans if you leave or change plans earlier.  

That is correct, but it would still probably be cheaper to upgrade early. If you got a 1GB add on, that would be $30 and not sure if that would last your 30 days or not? So while it may sting a little to leave 30 days on the table, upgrading early may actually work out to cheaper in the long run (depending on your data usage).

As dunkman says though, if you do go this route it has to be facilitated by the mods.

jenniewilson

@Dunkman

It would definitely be a new plan, one with a higher data cap.

I really don't want to lose the money I spent for the last 30 days but at the same time, I don't want to go 30 days without any data. Is there a better way for me to solve this problem?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@jenniewilson

Need Help? Let's chat.