cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans

mcipswitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question about changing plans. I currently have a $120 90-day pass (renewed in July) that includes:

6GB Data

Unlimited International Text

Unlimited Provincial Talk

I am looking to change the Unlimited Provincial Talk to Unlimited Canada-Wide. The new plan subtotal is $141. I want to change the plan now, instead of waiting for the next renewal date, but when I click "Top up your account", it prompts me to make a full $141 payment instead of paying the difference between the original $120/90-day plan. Does that mean I will have to pay extra because I'm not waiting for the next renewal date? Or am I paying the difference and the extra money is just being added into the account balance?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

nrg_svr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was fortunate to have post-dated a plan change on my next renewal date to the now defunct $120 for 90 days 6 GB 4G LTE, unltd prov talk and global text....I know a lot of people were hoping to get the 12 GB fall promo price from 2016 at some point, but I'm just glad to have the 6 GB of 4G

To me, it seems the 3G offering has been rolled out to obscure the price increase on the 4G plans.... Was looking to switch my wife over from Rogers, and probably still will, but she'll have to live with 3G until there's a promo deal at some point that we can grab...

The junp from $40 to $58 monthly net rate was a a bit steep. That is right isn't it - it was $126 for 90 days less the $2 autopay credit per month and the new rate is $180, less the $2 auto pay credit per month.... so net $58 on the revised 4G plan?

Sorry, a bit off topic...

You could quite easily get a VOIP # from voip.ms to dial into, and then it lets you dial out on the cheap anywhere in the world, or for a flat monthly fee, you can get an unlimited plan intended for residential type use... it's website is here:

https://voip.ms/en/rates/canada

I live in BC, and have both a BC and AB number with voip.ms

When I am in AB with my Public Mobile phone, I use the voip.ms AB number in order to access my voice message and to be able to call anywhere I want. Same if i am in BC and i want to call elsewhere in the US or Canada.... just dial in, it recognizes my number and prompts me to enter a 4 digit pin, and then I can dial out

A bit nerdy, but when you really want to control costs....

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mcipswitch, definitely go with the long distance add-on option.  The legacy plan went up 50% in price.  That buys a lot of add-ons.

mcipswitch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is good to know. I was afraid this was the case. I might consider buying a long distance add-on then. I do not want to risk giving up a price protected plan.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

STOP.

a) Please double check current plan pricing; it has changed in the last week. You cannot return to a price protected plan if you leave it. 

b) You cannot "just pay the difference". You must pay the the full cost of the new plan immediately. Have you considered  buying long distance add-ons?

c) If you have an older $120 90 plan that is likely full LTE. The plan price you mention looks to me to be the now slow LTE know as "3G".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.