cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans and Loyalty Rewards

Gillian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I were to change from the Fall Promo plan of 2016 to the Special Offer! $40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus plan, would I lose my Loyalty Rewards or would they simply be transferred to the new plan? Also, if I set the change to occur on my renewal date (May) would the $40 pricetag still apply or would I be charged whatever the pricing is two months from now?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

@slash407, fromthe responses the OP has provided throughout this thread, I now know for a fact they signed up for the Fall 2016 Promo, which is not a Legacy or Pioneer plan, but is known as a grandfathered plan, which have the same s terms of service and no other differences to any other now grandfathered or in market plan.

As of this past March 17th, there are no more Legacy or Pioneer plans available for renewal under the old plan, as those plans are now treated as reward eligible, the same as the rest of us, without call centre.

Gillian

Okay, thanks stonechucker, everyone. That's definitely helped to clear up my confusion.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gillian wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

@Gillian, yes, if you're currently receiving $12 for loyalty over 90-days, it will drop to $4.

You must have been on a Legacy or Pioneer plan previous to the Fall Promo.  I'm only getting $6 at this time for loyalty from June 2016, on the Fall Promo.

I'm getting $6 autopay reward and a $6 loyalty reward.

if you switch from your 3-month per pay period plan, to the new 1-month per pay period plan, your rewards will be the same overall. It will be 4$ per month, which works out to the 12$ after 3 months.

@Gillian, so those will both drop to $2 each and will work out the same as $12 over the 3x30 cycles, or 90-day.

Gillian

@stonechucker wrote:

@Gillian, yes, if you're currently receiving $12 for loyalty over 90-days, it will drop to $4.

You must have been on a Legacy or Pioneer plan previous to the Fall Promo.  I'm only getting $6 at this time for loyalty from June 2016, on the Fall Promo.

I'm getting $6 autopay reward and a $6 loyalty reward.

Gillian

@jotsang wrote:

@Gillian wrote:

If I were to change from the Fall Promo plan of 2016 to the Special Offer! $40 for 4.5 GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus plan, would I lose my Loyalty Rewards or would they simply be transferred to the new plan? Also, if I set the change to occur on my renewal date (May) would the $40 pricetag still apply or would I be charged whatever the pricing is two months from now?

Thanks.

You won't lose any loyalty rewards and you will get it for $40. However, I believe Fall Promo Plan of 2016 comes with LTE data and this Special Offer plan is 3G speed only in case data speed matters to you.

I believe you're right, jotsang. However, even with LTE I may still only get 3 or 5mbps. Most times I use wifi.

I quite like the idea of being able to call across Canada as opposed to province wide, though.

Gillian

Okay, so instead of the $12 dollars in loyalty rewards I get every 3 months it would be $4. Which works out the same, right? I'd still be paying $36 a month after the rewards are applied.

Or am I on drugs?

jotsang
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Gillian wrote:

Thanks.

You won't lose any loyalty rewards and you will get it for $40. However, I believe Fall Promo Plan of 2016 comes with LTE data and this Special Offer plan is 3G speed only in case data speed matters to you.

@Gillian, please do not be surprised when you change your plan to a 30-day option.

Your currently listed rewards for Loyalty, Friends, and Autopay will be divided by 3, as you're changing from 90 to 30.  These rewards are estimated based on the plan you're expecting to renew in May.

Community rewards (if any) will not change, as they are specific to the monthly participation in the community.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gillian wrote:

Thanks.

You will keep your Loyalty Rewards. Signing up for next renewal date will work and you will get the special offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.