cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plans Cost Confusion

nello171
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, I'm looking to change my plan from the $40/mo to the $50/mo for the higher data level but I'm wondering if I change it mid cycle vs at my renewal date am I paying $50 for the remaining ten days of my cycle and then again at the renewal date? Or am I paying $50 and then resetting my cycle to mid month renewal vs end of month. 

Thanks very much

3 REPLIES 3

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@nello171 

If you change your plan now your current plan and 30 day cycle ends and you would pay $50 and start a new 30 day cycle. ( Your renewal date would be August 12th). Your rewards will apply then.

If you schedule a plan change on your next renewal you will finish the remaining days of your current 30 day cycle. Upon renewal your rewards will be applied, the balance of your new $50 plan will be charged and you will start on your new plan's 30 day cycle. 

As suggested by @computergeek541  manually topping up your account balance with the new plan amount can avoid a possible glitch that can cause an autopay failure.

@nello171 wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm looking to change my plan from the $40/mo to the $50/mo for the higher data level but I'm wondering if I change it mid cycle vs at my renewal date am I paying $50 for the remaining ten days of my cycle and then again at the renewal date? Or am I paying $50 and then resetting my cycle to mid month renewal vs end of month. 

There are two choices when making a plan change.  Also, note that there is no such thing as partial billing cycles at Public Mobile.

You will be given 2 options:

1. schedule the system to perform the change for you during your next renewal

This option will make it so that you don't lose any of your current plan or payment from it, but you will not get to use your new plan until the change occrus.  Please note that scheduling the change isn't the same as perfoming an immediate change on your billing date (this would actually be the worst thing that you could do because you would be abandoning an entire 30 days of the original plan).  Tip:  I would highly suggest  manually topping up $50 before your plan fees are due fi you do the change this way even if you're on autopay.  The payment systems don't always handle the amounts due properly after a plan change.

or

2. perform andimmediate plan change

This will allow you to take advantage of the new plan immediately. Howvever, the full price of the new plan will be available immediately This will also start a new 30 day billing period.  Any usage and time remaining from your old plan will be lost and you will not receive any credit, nor any refund for the unused part of the old plan.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nello171   when you change plan , you would be given 2 options, Change Immediately or Change at next cycle.

With Change Immediately,  PM will charge the FULL cost of the new plan NOW.  Any unused min/data/charge from the old plan will be forfeited and won't be refunded.  Your new cycle date will start today and you next payment date will be 30 days later

Unless you need the extra data or minute now, we usually suggest people to change at the next cycle to avoid losing money

Because you can select Change at next cycle, you can arrange the change any time before the end of the current cycle so you don't have to worry about missing it .

Need Help? Let's chat.