cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan

terrif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I change my plan mid-month will the new plan start on the renewal date?

Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26

@joncay1502 wrote:

Want to start new 35 dollar plan today its renewal and cancel 15 dollar plan today so should not have to pay for both but if am keep the old plan and refund new plan and pay on next renewal end of November 

@joncay1502 Why are you not reading the replies to your other questions? The answer is there.

joncay1502
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Want to start new 35 dollar plan today its renewal and cancel 15 dollar plan today so should not have to pay for both but if am keep the old plan and refund new plan and pay on next renewal end of November 

@joncay1502 wrote:

Paid 2 payments today how do l get one back 

See post just above yours from @kb_mv 

@joncay1502 wrote:

@joncay1502 You could try contacting a moderator by following the post above yours.

joncay1502

@joncay1502 You will need to contact a moderator for help. You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Click the question mark bottom right of the browser as shown in the picture and open a ticket through the automated ticketing system;

kevenv_2-1599233493879.png

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

joncay1502

I changed plan today on renewal and got charged for old plan and new one with 2 payments autopay and my overflow  please refund one or put towards November payment thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Popoff wrote:

My plan was set on auto pay today and I wanted to upgrade is it still possible to upgrade and just pay the difference???

It's a bit dodgy to be messing with the account on these two days. It sounds like you're actually on your last day. The autopay happens overnight following your last day.

You might be able to do a future plan change (as in tonight) and it'll change overnight. There've been issues with autopay though. Maybe do a manual payment to cover the changed cost.

No. There's no paying a difference.

Popoff

My plan was set on auto pay today and I wanted to upgrade is it still possible to upgrade and just pay the difference???

jgravelle2016

I'd like to change my plan as of today, since it jsut renewed - but even though the new plan is the same price (switching from the 18+1.5 bonus Gb to 18-6 bonus plan (each $150), says I need to make a payment?

GWilson

Hi, I've just changed my plan to include data. I checked the change now, was charged the extra I needed on my credit card yet when I checked the account details it still shows the old account plan.

sunny2dhillon

it is upto you, you will have option to change now and pay the new plan fee then or you can wait till your current plan finishes and select change at next billing cycle. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jarvar no problems it's good that you ask and understand how it works.

Yes typically in this forum they like people starting their own thread. It helps keep things organized but not to worry. You know for next time.

Definately read up on the knowledge base articles they have been recently updated and have lots of good info.

Mods typically deal with account related issues, but it is typically good to post in the forums first as sometimes solutions can be found with out mod intervention. Today for example a user was stating they were being over charged on their credit card. Turned out they had 3 lines and confused the charges vs accounts.

@Jarvar wrote:

Thanks @mimmo. I guess I'm just afraid I would run out of data even though I have never gone over my data plan before. This may seem like a newbie question, but how does one contact a mod? Is this common knowledge to everyone? I didn't experience any real issues like what I see people mentioning on here when I signed up so I have had the good fortune of not needing any assistance yet. However, in the event I need to make a plan change, it would be good to know beforehand how to get these things done instead of scrounging around at the last minute in a new enviroment.

I hope these questions are not hijacking this thread. Do we need to start a new one?

I really appreciate your helpfulness. It seems like most people on here have been very willing to assist readily.

There is a wealth of information in the Knowledge Base... 

Article on getting help: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks @mimmo. I guess I'm just afraid I would run out of data even though I have never gone over my data plan before. This may seem like a newbie question, but how does one contact a mod? Is this common knowledge to everyone? I didn't experience any real issues like what I see people mentioning on here when I signed up so I have had the good fortune of not needing any assistance yet. However, in the event I need to make a plan change, it would be good to know beforehand how to get these things done instead of scrounging around at the last minute in a new enviroment.

I hope these questions are not hijacking this thread. Do we need to start a new one?

I really appreciate your helpfulness. It seems like most people on here have been very willing to assist readily.

mimmo

@Jarvar if your data runs out you can always do an immideate plan change, and your plan sill start again. The only caviat is that you can not plan change your existing plan yourself. To renew your existing plan early you need to ask the mods.  This route is typically cheaper than buying a 30$ 1gb add-on or multiple.

Also in some cases ie you  bought a wrong plan a couple days ago,  mods are pretty good at giving you the plan you want if you add the cost difference.   Don't ask if it was say a week later.

Jarvar

Thanks @mimmo. I was trying to add you into my reply and I guess there was some errors and then when I clicked back to the message I lost everything. I was just thinking that the 5.5GB plan was attractive since we plan to do some road tripping. Haven't done a real long road trip in a while so I am unsure how much data I would use. Worse case scenario I buy some data add-on to tide us over, but 4.5GB should be enough for a regular billing cycle without any special trips planned.

It's good to know though and it would help me better explain how things work to other parties interested in Public Mobile as well.

Jarvar

Wow thank you @wetcoaster. I was just thinking that. I didn't want to lock myself in if another promotion comes along. I do find the $45/8GB Koodo plan quite tempting, but I don't know if it's too quick to jump ship. I just signed up with Public Mobile yesterday. The draw for the Koodo plan is the LTE speed vs. 3G. I don't think I would use that much data though.

@Jarvar wrote:

If you make your plan change immediately, do you lose all the funds already paid?

For example, I just signed up for a $40/4.5Gb plan yesterday. I wasn't aware of the $45/5.5GB. Let's say I wanted to put that one into effect now and not at the end of the billing cycle. Do I pay another $45 ontop of what I already paid?

Thanks for help clarifying that. I am a new member and would like to gain as much knowledge as I can.

To add to @mimmo's reply. If you are future dating a plan change to a promo plan (such as the $45/5.5GB) it will lock you in on that. So if the promo is discontinued and not accessible any more before your renewal date, the system will still do your change to the promo plan.

Future dated plan changes can also be cancelled or changed any time before your renewal, so if something even better  comes along you can take advantage of that.

For example, I decided this spring to change from my 90day text & talk only plan to 30 day $40/2GB at my next renewal date. They added the 500MB promo a couple of days later, so I future dated to that The $40/4GB promo came before renewal, then $40/4.5GB... and then I decided to try the $45/5.5GB and ended up doing my 5th future dated plan change, jumping from provincial talk & text to Canada wide talk, international text and 5.5GB LTE light at my July renewal.

mimmo

@Jarvar yes you would pay the full price as you are buying a new plan. You lose whatever you have in your old plan.

That is why it is best to futuredateing it

Jarvar

If you make your plan change immediately, do you lose all the funds already paid?

For example, I just signed up for a $40/4.5Gb plan yesterday. I wasn't aware of the $45/5.5GB. Let's say I wanted to put that one into effect now and not at the end of the billing cycle. Do I pay another $45 ontop of what I already paid?

Thanks for help clarifying that. I am a new member and would like to gain as much knowledge as I can.

@jingsz wrote:

No, it will start right away as PM is a prepaid service. 

This is not necessarily correct.  Others have already given the correct answer, and it depends on the option that the customer chooses at the time of making the request.

jingsz

No, it will start right away as PM is a prepaid service. 

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As others have mentioned, you can choose when to have the new plan take effect. If you make it immediate I believe you will have to pay immediately and will also change your billing cycle. This has the benefit of you being on the new plan immediately. Alternatively you can choose to have it active on your next rewewal date, which you will pay the new plan rate but the plan benefits don't take effect until the next renewal date.

I'd opt for the latter option unless you need the plan benefits immediately.

tehowennathe

Depends what you chose. Can let month finish off or chose to start plan right away. It's up to you what you want. 

mimmo

depends  if you do an immidiate plan change then yes it starts right away and you forego anything left on your old plan.  if you futuredate your plan then it starts on your next renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.