cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan

ThePostman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to modify my wife's phone plan and I keep getting an error. Says oops something went wrong...log out / in to the account. I have done this a few times and continue to get the error.

16 REPLIES 16

Stay Safe!

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

A question the above raises is - for the 60 dollar plan that advertises unlimited talk and text in the US, does that mean calling from Canada to anywhere in Canada and the States and calling from anywhere in the States also?  

Rosguru

Hi, yes there is a $60 plan 30 days that gives 8 GB data for Canada at 3G  plus 2 GB US data roaming, unlimited Text and talk in Canada and US plus bonus 500 MB if you go on auto pay.

Sept 12 2019

I am not a mod.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Pineapple

Thanks for reaching us and bringing to our attention this interesting question. I am really glad to help you out.

Allow me to give you a better insight of  how Roaming add-ons work:

Accounts must be in Active state in order for the roaming add-ons to work.
US roaming add-ons can be added via IVR and Self Serve, even while travelling.
Customers can stack different US roaming add-ons.
The same US roaming add-on cannot be stacked.

Customers cannot choose to future date roaming add-ons.

The roaming add-ons will be added immediately.

If ever you desire to receive further clarification about information we provided to you. Please let us know via private message. 

Here is the Link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage

All the best,

Roxana 

Public Mobile Moderator Team

@Pineapple, the only way to 'delay' the addons is to load the funds early, then add the addon when you wish to activate it.

If your plan renews prior to adding the add-on(s), the funds you've loaded previously will be used to renew your plan.  You would then need to re-add funds for the desired add-on(s), and then add the add-ons to your plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pineapple wrote:

A follow-up question, it seems like when I add an "add-on" it is active right away?  I haven't gone through with the purchase all the way yet as I don't want to activate it until the 28th.  Is it possible to buy now and specify a date in the future when it becomes active?

thanks

All add-ons start immediately. Maybe after a restart. The roaming add-ons are 10 days and the day you buy it is day 1 not 0. It seems from others experiences that you might have to wait until after the 11th day of a roaming add-on to buy it again.

Pineapple

A follow-up question, it seems like when I add an "add-on" it is active right away?  I haven't gone through with the purchase all the way yet as I don't want to activate it until the 28th.  Is it possible to buy now and specify a date in the future when it becomes active?

thanks

Thanks to let us know ...and for thanks!!!Smiley Happy

Pineapple

Great, thanks for the speedy responses!

@popping wrote:

@Pineapple wrote:

Hi!  I'm on the 40 dollar a month plan, live in Vancouver.  I'm going to be travelling to the US every so often for a new job and will also be going to Montreal for a visit.  

Will my phone work in Montreal or do I need to buy some sort of out-of-province roaming?

Assume for the US, I need to add a roaming plan...is there a more expensive monthly plan that always allows US usage so I don't have to keep worrying about it?

Thanks in advance.

Your $40 plan is good for Canada using your minutes/text/data any where in Canada.

If you have a need to call US from Canada, you can get the $50 plan which covers the calling from Canada to US number.

Buying 10 days US roaming add-on is the only way get mobile service while your are in USA unless you are buying US SIM card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Pineapple wrote:

Hi!  I'm on the 40 dollar a month plan, live in Vancouver.  I'm going to be travelling to the US every so often for a new job and will also be going to Montreal for a visit.  

Will my phone work in Montreal or do I need to buy some sort of out-of-province roaming?

Assume for the US, I need to add a roaming plan...is there a more expensive monthly plan that always allows US usage so I don't have to keep worrying about it?

Thanks in advance.

Your $40 plan is good for Canada using your minutes/text/data any where in Canada.

If you have a need to call US from Canada, you can get the $50 plan which covers the calling from Canada to US number.

Buying 10 days US roaming add-on is the only way get mobile service while your are in USA unless you are buying US SIM card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pineapple wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Public Mobile will work wherever there are Telus/Bell towers.

There are only roaming add-ons here.

Pineapple

Thanks in advance.

domptg

Why this thing happens to people so often? Why this thing is not fixed for forever?

This is the question for Moderators. Myself I'm getting this ''Ooops" messages as well.

The worst one is when happens during the activation, because you stack and you have to wait for Moderator's help - not a good introduction for new folks.  

bud21ca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Usually when that happens I clear my browsing history, then log back in and all works great.

ThePostman

Ok...I kept trying and I finally got it changed.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ThePostman Try using the incognito/private browsing mode. If that does not work, try again later when the self-serve functions normally. 

Need Help? Let's chat.