cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan

terrif
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I change my plan myself or do I need to get a Moderator to do this for me?  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@Luddite wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

If you are a Legacy or Pioneer customer (example, you still have call centre voice access) you need to call 611.

FYI: This is true and if you hover your mouse over a poster's name you will see the date they joined. Pioneers joined before Jan 27/15.

@Luddite

Yes, but...

That date stamp only shows when they joined the community / started to participate here. And there have plenty of (former) legacy customers that only joined the community when they started to research their options when faced with price hikes or even after changing to an in-market plan...

@stonechucker wrote:

If you are a Legacy or Pioneer customer (example, you still have call centre voice access) you need to call 611.

FYI: This is true and if you hover your mouse over a poster's name you will see the date they joined. Pioneers joined before Jan 27/15.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

subbusubani
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes you can change your self by signing in to publicmobile website

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@River wrote:

You can definitely change plans when calling 611 because I changed my plan that way. 

were you on a legasy plan with actual phone support?  if so then yes that is the the way to change plans, as phone support needs to confirm you are giving up phone support for the online suport model.   

My 611 however is just an automated system which does not give the option for a plan change

If you do not have access to the 611 call centre, you must do things manually to change a plan, via the self-serve.

River

You can definitely change plans when calling 611 because I changed my plan that way. 

mimmo

@River there is no need to contact mods for a plan chnage unless the account is suspended. 

Also not sure what 611 has to do with the orriginal question. I know you can buy addons via 611 but pretty sure you can't change plans  via 611

River

If you are unable to call using 611, then send a private message to the moderators team and they'll help get things sorted out for you.

Click here to send them a private message.

mimmo

you cando it yourself by logging into self serve and clicking change plan.  you can either future date the change on renewal) or do immideate lan change which replaces your current plan and forgoes any remaining minutes data you have.

the only time you need mods to change a plan for you is when your account is suspended ie you didnt pay.

edit here is a good article about changing plans.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Self-Serve-Account-Management/ta-p/245...

edit2 see below if you are on a legasy or pioneer  plan (have access to a call center via 611)

Need Help? Let's chat.