cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changeing Plans and Add On

Oneshot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will change my plan in future and have am Add On for US travel. 

I want to know how long does the change take?  Same day next day?

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Oneshot you have the option to change your plan immediately, or change your plan on your renewal cycle.  So it depends.  If your applying a US Add-on I would add it the morning of, or the day before.  I recommend the day before because you may end up rushing to catch your flight and forget to add the feature.  US Add-ons last 10 days from when you activate it.

If you're changing your base plan you can change it immediately or on your renewal day, so depends on what you want.  But just keep in mind, if you change your base plan immediately then you'll have to pay for your new plan and you forfeit the money you paid already for your current plan.

@Oneshot wrote:

I will do it the day before renewal.

Do the changes take effect immediately or next day?

@Oneshot 

I'm with @Luddite  on this one.

Future dated plan changes can be made any time up to the day before renewal day. (although, if you are on the day before an immediate plan change might be better). Set it and forget it. The one thing I usually do is adding the full plan amount needed for the higher of the two plans (I have both up and down graded in the past) manally before renewal to avoid any remote chance of a suspended account due to an autopay glitch.

Any future dated plan change can be cancelled before the renewal day if you change your mind.

In a case where a promo is offered to existing customers it makes sense to future date the plan change to the promo plan as soon as possible. As long as the plan change is future dated the system honours the promo even if it's not offered any more on your renewal date. (I used to be on a 90 text and talk plan and future dated 4 different changes to better value promo plans by the time renewal time came around...)

Oneshot

Thanks for info everyone.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Oneshot  Also keep in mind that your add-on for U.S. travel starts from when you buy it, not from when you start actually using it.

@Oneshot wrote:

immediately and the Add-ons are activated immediately as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Oneshot

@Oneshot wrote:

No I will wait for renewal date in Feb. and then do the plan change and the Add On then.

@Oneshot Not a good plan; there are no rebates at PM for unused srrvice. Just login to your account, pick the new plan, and click "Change at next renewal".

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Oneshot

No I will wait for renewal date in Feb. and then do the plan change and the Add On then.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Oneshot wrote:

I will change my plan in future and have am Add On for US travel. 

I want to know how long does the change take?  Same day next day?

Thanks in advance

Depends are you doing an immediate plan change?  That is immediate or you can do the future dated plan change to happen on your next renewal.  You have the 10 Day US Roaming add-on as well that shouldn't be affected by a plan change

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.