cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan - no data, can't call & can't text

techdude101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have changed my plan from the $40 to the $15 plan.

I tried adding a $20 voucher + a $5 voucher purchased from Loblaws (the $25 voucher wasn't recognized).

I could only add the $20 voucher - the $5 voucher wasn't recognized after multiple attempts by phone (*611) and online.

I am waiting on an important phone call so need to be able to receive calls at least!

I tried switching from the $40 plan to the $15 plan just to activate the account again to receive calls.

I can receive calls but can't text, make calls (including voicemail) and can't use mobile data at all.

I am a newcomer to Canada so need a reliable service.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

If I was here earlier, I would have recommended first a restart of your phone.  Often this alone will fix issues with a plan change that doesn’t fully work.

glad you were able to get things working.

techdude101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your quick replies!

Data, calls and texts are working after suspending the account, waiting 10 minutes and activating the account again 🙂

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@techdude101 

Hi. When you login to your self serve account, under My Data and Addons, does it show you've used any data? If it shows you have any unused data, you could try reprovisioning your plan:

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of your plan again.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@techdude101 wrote:

I have changed my plan from the $40 to the $15 plan.

I tried adding a $20 voucher + a $5 voucher purchased from Loblaws (the $25 voucher wasn't recognized).

I could only add the $20 voucher - the $5 voucher wasn't recognized after multiple attempts by phone (*611) and online.

I am waiting on an important phone call so need to be able to receive calls at least!

I tried switching from the $40 plan to the $15 plan just to activate the account again to receive calls.

I can receive calls but can't text, make calls (including voicemail) and can't use mobile data at all.

I am a newcomer to Canada so need a reliable service.

Please help!

If you account status is active, try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features after plan change.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should send a private message to moderator for help. But the wait is up to 48 hours. Good luck.

You need to check your APN settings.  Update and restart your phone.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If you have a LG phone, you needs to do a network reset after provider change in order to get your data working.

Send a private message to moderator to add your $5 voucher.

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.