cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan is not effected yet from $15 to $25 plan

chkim112
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I have changed plan from $15 to $25 early this week but still nothing has been changed.

Can you confirm when the plan change request will be effected?

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

@chkim112. contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

chkim112

I did it a few days ago by clinking the change plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chkim112 

When exactly did you set up the plan change? If you did it a few days ago then it should've worked. If you did it last night then it could be a timing issue. Then it won't change until the _next_ renewal.

@chkim112 wrote:

I will take Option 3 and I did but it is not working

Change request was done on July 27th 

Renewal date is Today

but still not changed anything.

What date is shown as the date as the day that payment is required prior to?

I believe that your rnewal may be happening in the morning. If you set the renewal to take place at renewal time, it would happen automatically. I would however suggest that if you are subscribed to Autopay, to manually top up an extra $10 ahead of time.

chkim112

I will take Option 3 and I did but it is not working

Change request was done on July 27th 

Renewal date is Today

but still not changed anything.

chkim112

That was what I did.... I have requested to change the plan on July 27th before the renewal date but still not affecting the plan change...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chkim112 wrote:

Sorry.... I do NOT understand.

SO what should I do change the plan from $15 to $25 now or near soon?

Option 1: ask moderators to renew your plan early. There are no pro-rated refunds for the pre-paid plan you're on.

Option 2: change plan immediately. There are no pro-rated refunds for the pre-paid plan you're on.

Option 3: change plan at your next renewal.

It depends on your wishes and needs and how much you like your money. It's why I asked why you're wanting to change.

chkim112

Sorry.... I do NOT understand.

SO what should I do change the plan from $15 to $25 now or near soon?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chkim112 wrote:

Thanks for prompt response.

So you are saying the plan change will not be effected, unless fully exhaust the $15 plan?

No. Maybe we should back up. Why were you wanting to change to the $25 plan? Some more data? Unlimited calling?

The above mentioned $5 add-on is a great deal for the $15 plan. The $15 1gb data is also good if you just want to have some room to go over the 250mb in the $15 plan.

@chkim112 wrote:

So you are saying the plan change will not be effected, unless fully exhaust the $15 plan?

Hi @chkim112 , what @gblackma and @computergeek541 is referring to is that the new $25 plan will not take affect until your renewal date - UNLESS you choose to change it right away.

No @chkim112  just deposit the full $25 into your self service account and choose the change immediately option.  Here's an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan . Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@chkim112 hi if you just need minutes there is a 5 dollar 500 minute add on that stays on your account until it is all used up 

chkim112

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@chkim112 unless you have run out of minutes the Change at next renewal option is the right one. If you choose the change now option you lose what you paid for the $15 plan and will be immediately charged  the full $25  for the new plan. Stay safe. 

@chkim112 wrote:

Hi There,

I have changed plan from $15 to $25 early this week but still nothing has been changed.

Can you confirm when the plan change request will be effected?

Thanks!

It sounds to be as if you requested that the plan be changed at the time of the next renewal.  This is usually a good thing. if you had made the change effective immediately, you would have lost the remainder of the plan time that the $15 had already paid for.  You do have the option to make the change effective immedaitely, but that should normallly only be done if you have run out of calling minutes or data on the $15 plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.