cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, charged MUCH more

ds123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was signed up for a 90 day plan with 3G data, provincial talk and unlimited text. I wanted to switch to nation-wide talk. At the time I signed on, all data was LTE but when I made the switch, there is LTE for much more and 3G at the old price. I selected LTE to keep the price equievelent and when I chose the plan, it was indicated to be just $5 more but when I put it into place, I had to pay more money. I see that I am now paying $90 for data instead of $50 which is not what I originally agreed to. Is there a way to get the old fee structure? Otherwise I might switch to a top-tier provider with more reliable voice mail, full service and device included.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541, I read the message on this issue as the 'features of the current service" (or whatever the specific wording is) to include the entire plan and funds already paid.

But I still agree that it should be clear, unambiguous, language.

got it

But if you take the example of Wind Mobile/Freedom Mobile, they even say no refunds.  But, they do prorate for prepaid plan customers when changing plans - just a strange version/method of proration.

@computergeek541, I read the message on this issue as the 'features of the current service" (or whatever the specific wording is) to include the entire plan and funds already paid.

But I still agree that it should be clear, unambiguous, language.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, the issue is, subscribers either fully ignore the box that is displayed, or they just don't understand what they're reading.

That is certainly part of the problem as when that box shows up, people really should be thinking to themselves "what does that mean", and if not sure, do some research.

However, as I said before, I believe this is at least partially on Public Mobile.  No where does it say you will not be receive a prorated credit for the plan that you are leaving.  Contrary to popular belief, there are carriers out there who do proration when you change plans mid billing cycle even for prepaid.

@Anonymous, the issue is, subscribers either fully ignore the box that is displayed, or they just don't understand what they're reading.

It would certainly be a lot easier if all 'second chance' pop-ups would in clear language, represent the actuality of what will happen if one clicks the YES/OKAY button.

Before you say it, I know.  This wasn't clear language.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

It does warn of you losing your old plan and that the change is happening immediately.  What it doesn't say is that you won't be compensated with a prorated account credit for the unused portion of that old plan.  My understanding is that something is in progress to have that warning changed.

There's even another line in that notice:
Partial funds may be debited etc.
Partial?! May?!
Sigh. No wonder people just click through and have expectations.

I hope they make the changes make sense.

Of course they mean that there might be funds in Availabe Funds but still.

@ds123 wrote:

Yes, I did an immediate change so I see how I was dinged twice. A warning from the system would have been helpful before I committed to the change! Thanks for pointing this out.

It does warn of you losing your old plan and that the change is happening immediately.  What it doesn't say is that you won't be compensated with a prorated account credit for the unused portion of that old plan.  My understanding is that something is in progress to have that warning changed.

ds123

When I signed up, all plans were LTE so I was trying to select what I already had. The price difference indicated seemed in line with the old plan but it looks like this was because I got no credit for switching part way through a prepayed plan. The displayed price difference was misleading since I though that was the price difference for the plan. 

ds123

Yes, I did an immediate change so I see how I was dinged twice. A warning from the system would have been helpful before I committed to the change! Thanks for pointing this out.

ds123

Original plan: 90 days provincial talk, unlimited texting and 3GB data; at that time all data plans were LTE.

New plan: 90 days national talk, unlimited texting and 3GB LTE data. 

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ds123 wrote:

I was signed up for a 90 day plan with 3G data, provincial talk and unlimited text. I wanted to switch to nation-wide talk. At the time I signed on, all data was LTE but when I made the switch, there is LTE for much more and 3G at the old price. I selected LTE to keep the price equievelent and when I chose the plan, it was indicated to be just $5 more but when I put it into place, I had to pay more money. I see that I am now paying $90 for data instead of $50 which is not what I originally agreed to. Is there a way to get the old fee structure? Otherwise I might switch to a top-tier provider with more reliable voice mail, full service and device included.

Thanks

This makes no sense to me. It sounds like you are saying, LTE is more, 3G is the same, so you picked LTE and expected the same price. It's contradictory. Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting.

GC

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ds123 wrote:

Thanks

Did you do the plan change immediately instead plan change on your next renewal date?

If you did the plan change right away, your unused portion of your first plan will not refunded because PM is a prepaid service.  There is no refund for the prepaid service providers in Canada including PM prepaid service.

If you are this mistake the first time, you may be able to get the partial refund of your unused portion of your first plan.  But there is no guarantee.  YMMV.

Send a private message to moderator for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@ds123 wrote:

Thanks

Can you tell us what you picked for a plan?  As you stated the 3G was the same price but then you chose LTE which was way more so I am just trying to figure out what plan you have.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.