cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed plan, can't make calls..worst cell company ever!!!

Alley_katt74
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So didn't get reminder text or email may bill was due for this month and lost service over the long werkend..paid for cheaper plan because I'm traveling with kids tomorrow or I would have ditched this horrible company already..paid for $25 talk n txt with 500mb data and bonus data..but can't make calls!!!!!!! Have already restarted, pulled sim, re entered apn data crap..nothing. msg'd the mod team over an hr ago..nothing..can't get a human to help..I hate this company..I truly wouldn't suggest this company to my worst enemy. now I'm out money, no working phone and traveling 12 hrs tomorrow with no cell service!! Someone from yhe mod team get back to me asap!! Or can i just call telus..someone who can flippin help me!

20 REPLIES 20

poetrykitten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Woooo, the dollar trick worked. Honestly though, it's really nonsense that we have to go through these steps to trick our phone company into giving us what we've already paid for.

Thanks very much for the help though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@poetrykitten wrote:

"Immediately." Definitely not.

I'm having a similiar problem and, after going through the ringer to have my mysteriously suspended account reopened, I am now waiting more than 24h to have my "immediate" reactivation take place and for the "please disregard this notice if you've already updated your payment" message of my account suspension disappear. Agreed, worst company ever. 

If I wasn't going on a trip soon and in need of a plan right now, I would be jumping ship "immediately."

Just. Now. The customer you're replying to got going. Have a read through this thread you found and see if the ideas will work for you.

poetrykitten
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

"Immediately." Definitely not.

I'm having a similiar problem and, after going through the ringer to have my mysteriously suspended account reopened, I am now waiting more than 24h to have my "immediate" reactivation take place and for the "please disregard this notice if you've already updated your payment" message of my account suspension disappear. Agreed, worst company ever. 

If I wasn't going on a trip soon and in need of a plan right now, I would be jumping ship "immediately."

Alley_katt74

That $1 trick work, omg Thank you!!! You seriously made such a crap stressful day..end on the best note! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alley_katt74 

Right. So if you're willing...I know it sounds weird...give it another $1 and restart the phone again after success and see what happens.

edited after your post.

Alley_katt74

Ok, I added another $1 do I reboot again? So now my account shows $3

Alley_katt74

Yes, ok so here is step by step what I did, I looked at the plans chose the one I wanted, was prompted that I needed to add funds. Used card on file added $25 as there was $2 on my account, one the payment went thru I was prompted to confirm change in plan, I hit confirm. It showed up as active. I attempted to make a call, got a recording I have no long distance, so I called my home number..same msg (its local), tried rebooting phone, same thing. Took out sim restarted phone..turned off put sim in restarted, same issue. Tried the apn setup again, reboot same issue. Nothing is working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alley_katt74 wrote:

Phone shows active, I have text now but due to driving thru mountains..I need the phone in case i break down..sadly having to rely on wifi isn't going to work..and I've paid for cell service..thank you though..I do appreciate the suggestions. 

I can imagine you're in no mood to give this more money but did you try the additional $1 idea? It sounds goofy I know but it has been known to get things going in many cases. It'll just sit in your account for your next renewal.

Alley_katt74

Phone shows active, I have text now but due to driving thru mountains..I need the phone in case i break down..sadly having to rely on wifi isn't going to work..and I've paid for cell service..thank you though..I do appreciate the suggestions. 

Alley_katt74

Yes..it didn't work..

Alley_katt74

Ok so lost phone trick didn't work..I'm so frustrated with this

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alley_katt74 wrote:

There is already $2 left in my account, I'm trying the lost/found trick, and there was no message to click regarding suspend/active. I added funds to change the plan, then confirmed the change and it showed active. 

Have you now since restarted the phone?

It's a button to click not a message. Did you follow the step by step instructions?

Alley_katt74

There is already $2 left in my account, I'm trying the lost/found trick, and there was no message to click regarding suspend/active. I added funds to change the plan, then confirmed the change and it showed active. 

Alley_katt74

Ok I'll try this..thank you!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alley_katt74  While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait a few minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phones

Edit: Also instead of relying on PM to notify of upcoming plan renewal you might want to setup a reminder every  28 days to add funds to your account.

I was looking for that, thanks @Anonymous .

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alley_katt74 

As asked already, if your account says active then there are a couple things to try:
1. Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

2. Manually add $1 into your account and restart the phone.

If it still says suspended and you have enough funds in your Available Funds then did you click on the Reactivate button in that suspended message on the top of the overview page?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Did you try the lost phone trick? Apparently it has helped many others jumpstart their service.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alley_katt74 Sorry to hear that. Have you checked on My Account to see whether your account is active or suspended? If it is suspended, you can processed the credit card payment immediately to reactivate your cellular service. It will take long to get the moderator to reply. 

As you are travelling soon, you may get a free calling app in the meantime. (TextNow or Fongo) As long as you have wifi, you can call or text anyone in North America for FREE. Fongo may not work for some areas in Canada. The app can get access to your contact list directly after your permission. So it is very easy to use. 

Have a safe and fun journey!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Alley_katt74It takes a moderator up to 48 hours to get back to you. People's request is dealt with in first come first serve basis. I do suggest if you need to speak to customer support, you might want to move up one tier (or higher) to Koodo. Customer support is something we all agreed that we don't need often when we signed up to save a few bucks.

Need Help? Let's chat.