cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed numbers from an Ontario one to an Alberta one, now I have no mobile data?

atarijedi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just changed my phone number to an Alberta one from an Ontario one last night, and I didn't check it last night, but this morning when I had to use mobile data, it was no longer working.

Is it simply going to take time for it to kick in or something? Calling and Texting works fine. Just no LTE data.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

A lot of people forget that phones have gotten incredibly sophisticated in recent years, they're basically tiny computers, running a complex OS and usually many (sometimes dozens) of apps of varying code quality, etc.  It's a great habit to reboot your phone AT LEAST once a week, or even every few days.  Maybe try setting yourslef a recurring weekly reminder to reboot your phone at a convenient time, like Sunday night just before bedtime, or Monday morning when you're getting ready for work, or whatever.  It's just a great way to prevent running into these odd issues. But when you DO run into them, always start with a reboot first because it's easy to do and almost always helpful

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I used to work the help desk for my employer years ago, before moving into more specified database work within the ITS Department.

Now I work in a different department, and when I call the help desk... "Hi, I've already restarted my machine twice...."

They don't like me.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Honestly most problems can be fixed with a simple reboot lol. 

atarijedi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not sure why I didn't try the ol' "did you try turning it off and then on again", lol.

Thanks, that worked, lol.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@atarijedi  by overnight it should have been changed over already.  I would suggest resetting your phone, as every tech support person does lol.  Also confirm your APN settings are correct.

IF all else fails, sent a private message to hte moderators and they can take a look.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26

Need Help? Let's chat.