cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan

JohnA_ont13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am an existing custumer and I changed my plan 4 days ago but the new plan is not working. Why?

19 REPLIES 19

@JohnA_ont13  That's an easy mistake to make to make....the $50 plan includes US long distance calling from Canada only no roaming calling in the US. You will still receive texts but cannot send them. There was a $60 Canada/US roaming plan with unlimited calliig/texting/8gb data and 2gb US data offered last summer and eliminated in October. Hopefully pm will offer it again this year.

@JohnA_ont13  glad everything worked out for you. 

JohnA_ont13

I misunderstood the privileges of the plan I picked.  I thought I could talk and text from the US under the $50.00 plan that I signed up for.  I understand now that I must use the add on feature of new or existing plan to so this, which I have now done and are experiencing no further problems.  Thank you all for your assistance in this matter.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JohnA_ont13 wrote:

How long does it take to get a moderator?

There is only one moderator online at the moment.  You may get a response tomorrow.

@JohnA_ont13  would say minimum 4 hours. But officially they have between 24 to 48 hours to respond. You can also contact them directly using https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@JohnA_ont13 wrote:

JohnA_ont13

@JohnA_ont13 did you try kickstarting your plan? Did it work? If not, contact a moderator and explain your situation.  

@JohnA_ont13 wrote:

I changed from a lower priced plan to a higher priced plan and placed sufficient funds into my account which were applied to my new plan. I can see all that in my account.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Information provided is vague so it's difficult to know what exactly the member means. Best to contact a moderator to resolve this.

JohnA_ont13

I changed from a lower priced plan to a higher priced plan and placed sufficient funds into my account which were applied to my new plan. I can see all that in my account.

@JohnA_ont13 try kickstarting it. Put on flight mode. Turn it off. Remove and insert the PM SIM.  Turn it back on and take it off flight mode.

@JohnA_ont13  If you changed from a higher priced plan to a lower priced plan then that might be the problem. It is recommended to have enough funds in your account to cover the higher priced plan.

Dial 611 is your account suspended?

If you were charged for the new plan and received the old plan you should contact moderators to fix it.

If the scheduled renewal change didn't go through, check if you are still scheduled to change (click on plan details that should say) would be good to have a screenshot of the actual change you made. You can explain that you scheduled the change just one day before the renewal and that mistake happened and you were not properly renewed. In that case they may be able to switch you to the new plan without losing the money that you were charged for the current plan

If your new plan is more expensive make sure you have enough on your balance to cover the difference.

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@JohnA_ont13 

Ok so can you take a look at your payment history, 

Were you charged fort the new or old plan?

Does old or new plan show as your plan?

Thanks

@JohnA_ont13 When you say funds have been applied? Do you mean that you added funds to make the change? Or that you have been charged for the new plan?

To contact a moderator . Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

@JohnA_ont13 wrote:

When I log into my account and look at my plan, it is the new plan that I wanted but it is not working.  I cannot recieve or send any messages or phone calls I cannot connect to the internet.

JohnA_ont13

I choose the next renewal date which was the next day.  Was that too soon?  It is a 30 day plan, I want to use it now.  My next renewal date is Feb 28.  I hope I don't have to wait until then.  Funds have been applied to my account.

JohnA_ont13

When I log into my account and look at my plan, it is the new plan that I wanted but it is not working.  I cannot recieve or send any messages or phone calls I cannot connect to the internet.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JohnA_ont13 

You have two options when you change plans

1. immediately 

2. at next renewal date

which one did you choose?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JohnA_ont13 do you mean that you signed up recently to PM and your plan isn't working? Did you port your number over from another provider?

@JohnA_ont13 wrote:

I am an existing custumer and I changed my plan 4 days ago but the new plan is not working. Why?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Can you please elaborate more?

When you log in what does show as your plan?

Did you make immediate change or did you postpone it till renewal?

As the allowance, does the old amount due up or new?

Does the  the wrong amount off used data show, does it look like counter didn't reset properly?

Is your data working?

Did you try restarting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.