cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan now phone not working

thegeorges
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Used vouchers to bring phone out of suspension but didn't have quite enough vouchers to cover original plan so changed plan to lower plan amount now the phone will dial out but just keeps telling me 'this plan has no long distance and cannot make this call add a long distance addon' even though the calls i am trying to make are local calls.  I really need this phone to work as I am waiting for a call from hospital for surgery date.

15 REPLIES 15

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@thegeorges@Thanks for trying. It's good to know either way.

thegeorges

nope unfortunately didn't work

mimmo

@Hutchy1980 message generated mods is only thing to do. Not sure if doing another plan change will fix things.

@thegeorges did you do a second plan change did that get you going again?

Hutchy1980

I have the exact same problem. My account was suspended and I topped it up with a voucher. I chose a new plan and now I can’t do anything. The moderators are useless here. I’ve been waiting days for a reply, I’ve heard nothing. I will be asking for a refund on top of all of this. The money came out of my account and yet my service isn’t working. Does anyone know what to do?

@thegeorges wrote:

I applied the vouchers first then changed plan.  Sorry, I guess I should have checked procedures first, I am a fairly new customer and am just getting used to doing everything myself rather than just going to see a rep somewhere 🙂

It is not your fault.  This change was just rolled out.  I sense with the implementation, there are going to be a lot of problems with renewals when there is insufficient funds whether a plan change is specified or not.  This partial payment/partial service thing mentioned in step 3 is bad, bad news.  This causes unpredictable outcomes.  It would be better to keep the account in suspended state and inform the customer that additional funds are needed instead of doing a partial renewal which personally I have zero clue what that means.  Maybe next time I am at a restaurant, I will tell the waiter I don't have money for the garnishes, just give me the meat and I will provide a partial payment. 

/rant

Getting back on topic, I suppose you are going to either have to contact the moderator team to resolve the account issue.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

mimmo

thegeorges

I will attempt another plan change and see if it works ... good idea, thanks for the suggestion

mimmo

@thegeorges  i was asking about the payment history.   in the past few days there have been instances of activations going wrong and i think the order of the tranasctions can tell if this was teh same in your situation.

you could alwyas try doing an immidate plan chaneg to say the $10 plan to see if that get your calling working.  then deal with mods to rectify things properly

popping

@mimmo@will13am  Thanks.  I deleted my message.

thegeorges

I also sent message to moderator team on Tuesday and still haven't heard back from them ... sent two more since then hoping for some response figuring maybe I somehow sent the message incorrectly.

I applied the vouchers first then changed plan.  Sorry, I guess I should have checked procedures first, I am a fairly new customer and am just getting used to doing everything myself rather than just going to see a rep somewhere 🙂

thegeorges

New plan shows up when I check my account overview and nothing shows up abnormal or suspended.  I should have provincial calling but just keep getting the long distance message.

@popping wrote:

@thegeorges wrote:

Used vouchers to bring phone out of suspension but didn't have quite enough vouchers to cover original plan so changed plan to lower plan amount now the phone will dial out but just keeps telling me 'this plan has no long distance and cannot make this call add a long distance addon' even though the calls i am trying to make are local calls.  I really need this phone to work as I am waiting for a call from hospital for surgery date.

Changing plan during suspension cannot be done on self-serve.  

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

We can do that now.  The steps are provided in the announcement section. 

mimmo

@popping there was announcement that plan changes can now been make during expired.

@thegeorges  can you post a screenshot of your payment history?  there have a couple instances where the changes have not gone as they should.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@thegeorges, it was just recently that changes were made to allow customers to do a plan change in a suspended account and then pay only the cost of the newly selected plan.  Did you follow the steps as mentioned in this thread?  You need to select the new plan first otherwise there could be unusual outcomes with partial payment. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Systems-Update-Ability-to-change-plan-w...

popping

Need Help? Let's chat.