cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed Plan from OLD $15 to new $15 with Unlimited incoming call, now TEXT NOT SENDING

byKevin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

After switching from OLD $15 plan to the new $15 plan with the Unlimited calling i can't no longer sending TEXT.

Calling and receiving TEXT is just fine.

Already power off, take out the sim, reboot -> not working

Double check APN -> not working.

MOD, please double check my PLAN. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Glad to see that your plan got fixed. 

Just for anyone else that might come across this, know that there is nothing you can or should do to fix this. It is a PM system problem that affects some, but not all, customers on the metered texting plans ($10 and $15 plans). 

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

Since there are many threads about the same topic, it would be best if all discussions about this were contained in one thread, to benefit all readers.

If you appreciate the thread, be sure to click the Bravo button at the bottom of the post once you are at the link above.

byKevin

Look like they've fixed my ... it was working since yesterday.

sherr6

Okay. If it's plan related, it's probably something like a MO-SMS provisioning SOC is dropping off when switching to the $15 prepaid plan.

I actually don't know, and am just speculating. Hopefully they figure it out.  Smiley Happy 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sherr6 wrote:

Was it suggested to check that your SMSC number is correct?

+16475800172

Another customer with the same problem had a look and they had the right number. This a plan problem.

sherr6

Was it suggested to check that your SMSC number is correct?

+16475800172

JHC

I have the same problem - and I've had the problem for nearly a week now. My plan is the same $15 as yours. PM made an announcement that the problem was fixed, but I still can't send a any texts.

byKevin

Thanks, try the lost/stolen and it's still not working ... wating for the MOD now.

Thanks everyone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@byKevin wrote:

Hello,

After switching from OLD $15 plan to the new $15 plan with the Unlimited calling i can't no longer sending TEXT.

Calling and receiving TEXT is just fine.

Already power off, take out the sim, reboot -> not working

Double check APN -> not working.

MOD, please double check my PLAN. Thanks

Unfortunately, you're not the only one reporting trouble with this plan. While you wait for moderator, give the lost/stolen trick a try. Log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Look up for Lost/Stolen tab and click Suspend. Log out for 5 minutes then go back in and Resume service. reboot phone. Let us know if that works and good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@byKevin 

That's now currently 3 of you with the same problem that has been ongoing for days now.

You'll need to private message the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

Need Help? Let's chat.