cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Change to a cheaper plan (after payment made on current plan for the next 90 days)

Hello Public Mobile Community:

I would like to change to a cheaper plan ($15 for 100 mins for 30 days) but it looks like I have already paid (on autopay) for my current plan ($120 for 90 days 12 GB data) for the next 3 months and my  next renewal is in May.

When I go to make the change it is asking me to top up my account for $15, is there a way to change the plan now, and get the refund for the difference?

Thanks!

Shoko

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Change to a cheaper plan (after payment made on current plan for the next 90 days)

No @tagosaku831 If you change now, you will lose any money paid and will have to pay an additional $15. Do the switch on next cycle date option. 

@tagosaku831 wrote:

Hello Public Mobile Community:

I would like to change to a cheaper plan ($15 for 100 mins for 30 days) but it looks like I have already paid (on autopay) for my current plan ($120 for 90 days 12 GB data) for the next 3 months and my  next renewal is in May.

When I go to make the change it is asking me to top up my account for $15, is there a way to change the plan now, and get the refund for the difference?

Thanks!

Shoko

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Change to a cheaper plan (after payment made on current plan for the next 90 days)

If you select change now. You will be charged right away and new plan willl start. There would be no refund for what you already paid for. Change at next renewal means your new plan would start at next payment date.

You may want to see if moderators can do anything for you but chances are slim.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Highlighted

I am out of country, so trying to keep my number without paying more.  Any exceptions?

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Put an enquirey through to a moderator and see if anything can be done.

Click on the "?" lower left and ask for moderator enquirey.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

lower right.   sorry :-)

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As far as I know, @tagosaku831  no exceptions. Are you back before May? And are you on the 90 day unlimted 4g speed data plan? May be worth keeping it, since the fasted you can now get is 3g or throttled 4g.

@tagosaku831 wrote:

I am out of country, so trying to keep my number without paying more.  Any exceptions?

Highlighted

Thanks will reach out to the moderators.

Highlighted

Will be back in May actually.

So on the new plans, the speeds is lower?  How do they differentiate between the speed on my current plan and other plans, is that even allowed?...

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@tagosaku831 wrote:

What's that old saying...if we make an exception for you then we have to make an exception for everyone. (we being the company not us).

If your plan had not just renewed then you could have caused it to become suspended. Alas.