cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to a cheaper plan (after payment made on current plan for the next 90 days)

tagosaku831
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Public Mobile Community:

I would like to change to a cheaper plan ($15 for 100 mins for 30 days) but it looks like I have already paid (on autopay) for my current plan ($120 for 90 days 12 GB data) for the next 3 months and my  next renewal is in May.

When I go to make the change it is asking me to top up my account for $15, is there a way to change the plan now, and get the refund for the difference?

Thanks!

Shoko

13 REPLIES 13

AresPalace
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately not, if you pay right now (the $15), you will be charged and the plan will change immediately. Rendering your payment for your old plan void and all the previous benefits from havine your old plan gone. 

@tagosaku831 wrote:

I am out of country, so trying to keep my number without paying more.  Any exceptions?

Since you asking about an exception, the system and policies are set up so that there are no refunds and no returned credits for mid billing cycle plan changes. No one here can answer that question with certainty since it would be the moderators would need to grant it.

@tagosaku831 wrote:

I am out of country, so trying to keep my number without paying more.  Any exceptions?

Well, your next 3 months are already paid for, no? For future reference, deleting your payment option before renewal and letting the account go into suspension for 80ish days before reactivating would have been the way to go if you want to keep the plan. (after 90days your account is deleted and you are loosing the number)

Keep in mind that you will not get your current plan back if you change your plan. After "coming back" you have access to in market plans only.

It depends @tagosaku831. If you play games, watch/ download movies you will notice it. Just use it to browse a few sites , you won't.

@tagosaku831 wrote:

Will be back in May actually.

So on the new plans, the speeds is lower?  How do they differentiate between the speed on my current plan and other plans, is that even allowed?...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tagosaku831 wrote:

What's that old saying...if we make an exception for you then we have to make an exception for everyone. (we being the company not us).

If your plan had not just renewed then you could have caused it to become suspended. Alas.

tagosaku831

Will be back in May actually.

So on the new plans, the speeds is lower?  How do they differentiate between the speed on my current plan and other plans, is that even allowed?...

tagosaku831

Thanks will reach out to the moderators.

As far as I know, @tagosaku831  no exceptions. Are you back before May? And are you on the 90 day unlimted 4g speed data plan? May be worth keeping it, since the fasted you can now get is 3g or throttled 4g.

@tagosaku831 wrote:

Glenn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

lower right.   sorry 🙂

Glenn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Put an enquirey through to a moderator and see if anything can be done.

Click on the "?" lower left and ask for moderator enquirey.

tagosaku831

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

If you select change now. You will be charged right away and new plan willl start. There would be no refund for what you already paid for. Change at next renewal means your new plan would start at next payment date.

You may want to see if moderators can do anything for you but chances are slim.

Simon.JPG

Or private message at link below

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

No @tagosaku831 If you change now, you will lose any money paid and will have to pay an additional $15. Do the switch on next cycle date option. 

@tagosaku831 wrote:

Hello Public Mobile Community:

I would like to change to a cheaper plan ($15 for 100 mins for 30 days) but it looks like I have already paid (on autopay) for my current plan ($120 for 90 days 12 GB data) for the next 3 months and my  next renewal is in May.

When I go to make the change it is asking me to top up my account for $15, is there a way to change the plan now, and get the refund for the difference?

Thanks!

Shoko

Need Help? Let's chat.