cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan/retain 1gb bonus

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I'm planning on switching my other phone to pm to take advantage of the rbc promotion as the first phone I switched over onto the $40 plan did not benefit from a promotion other than the 1gb bonus for being a pm customer (on Aug 19th). I will then use the second phone as my main phone and the first one as my back up. I want to downgrade the first phone to the $15 plan. It will remain on auto pay so I get the 250mb bonus as long as it stays on auto pay will I retain the 1gb bonus data?

Other than any rewards earned so far being applied to the lower priced account and creating a second profile for the community to participate and possibly earn community rewards for the higher priced account and using it's referral code is there any disadvantage to doing this?

4 REPLIES 4

I want to keep both numbers might eventually drop it to the $10 plan if still available just so I can retain the number. Once I refer myself I will have $7 in rewards and I'm hoping to maybe get $1 in community rewards....that would put me at $8. By switching  2 phones...while one from Freedom only saves me $2 in auto pay but I gain coverage....very important. The telus phone $20+2 So major savings about 60% (Plus the taxes). In the end if I get a community reward of $1 I will have $10 in rewards, $20 savings in plan cost, $5 in tax savings=$35p/m (previously paying $85 w/tax) and $10 p/m promo +:tax for 6 mos. So total savings per month for the next 6 months $46.20 +$10 referral bonus. Once again thank you Public Mobile....you have cut my bills by more than half add in my boyfriend's account switch from fido the minimum bill(without overages or top ups) less than half with twice the data.....total savings over 6 months $615-device buyout from fido $455 for 3 lines. Woohoo!!

Thank you pretty much as I thought. While the rbc  promotion doesn't end until Sept 30th my plan renewal is on Sept 6th. I've been looking for another deal to come up (wish I had seen the rbc promo for the first one) the longer I wait to switch the second one the more I pay...its on telus's lowest plan $35 So as soon as I switch I will save $22($20+2autopay). I could have switched 2 weeks ago but wanted to see if another promo would come up...it hasn't so I might as well cut my losses. Otherwise paying the higher telus bill will likely wipe out any savings gained by waiting for a better promo. Plus I have a dual SIM phone so I can easily use both accounts on one phone if necessary.

I see what your saying with the profile...unless I became an Oracle the chances of getting a community reward or the amount would not be enough to completely offset the price of the plan. It currently has $6 in rewards. Oh and I also see the point of using the first referral code....once the promo ends in 6 months I can just change plans around again and the rewards can be again applied to the higher account. Thank you great advice.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious 

If you downgrade plan, you should still retain the bonus.  

No other disadvantage otherwise.  Use your 1st plan as the referral source.  When does the RBC promotion end?  If not for a while (ie. end of September), you might want to wait a while to see whether there are any other flash weekend promotions that might offer a better deal or ability to stack promotions.

I wouldn't suggest a second profile on community forum myself, just use the original one.  I have multiple plans, but use one community forum user profile.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The data bonus will be retained in the account even with plan change.  The only way it makes sense to retain two plans is if rewards can offset the cost of the cheaper plan.  

Need Help? Let's chat.