cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan page not working.

Kazinator
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try to change my plan for the next billing period, I'm taken to a web page in which nothing works. The buttons are all disabled, and there are no "options above":

Kazinator_0-1604264161811.png

I found a thread about a similar problem, but the recommended solution (clear cache and cookies) does not work. I tried with Firefox and Chrome, too: same results.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 

i suggest you can try it for a different Browser

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here  

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

you can Change Your Plan online,

When you’re changing your plan, you can choose to change immediately or at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Plan’ on the Overview page, select the plan you want, and scroll to the bottom of the page.If you’re looking to apply a promotion to your plan, learn how you can do that here.

Changing your plan on the next plan renewal date 

We recommend you choose this option because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for until your next plan renewal date. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan immediately

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, or if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.
  • If your account is suspended – changing your plan is a 2-step process, so be sure to complete both steps or you may be left with partial or no service. Step 1 initiates the change, and step 2 reactivates your account via making a payment (if necessary).
    1. Make sure to review your details carefully before changing your plan - Once you click “Yes, change my plan”, all features from your current plan will be lost and the plan change will be completed, even if you do not make a payment in the second step.
    2. Top up your account with sufficient funds to reactivate your service - Since we are a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan change to fully take effect. If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. We have introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured we should mention it here as well. Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan,you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What will happen if my payment wasn’t completed?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services. If you find yourself in this situation, simply go to the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve, choose “One Time Payment”, and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated. If your services aren’t restored,please start a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon, to submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, click  here.

@smp99    there has been many issues relate to browser lately.  try all these steps.  One of them should work.

1. with another browser (Edge/Chrome/firefox)

2. Incognito mode /InPrivate Mode

3. clear cache

4. try on another computer or on your phone browser.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

not working for me either. I don't see a list of possible plans to choose from. I manage 3 accounts, same issue for all. 

I have tried new browser, clear cache. No luck. 

I tried about a week ago and it was the same then as well

I can confirm that everything works (look at plans while logged in or not) using MS Edge on PC.

I did not do any cache/cookies clean up beforehand...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

not working for me either. I don't see a list of possible plans to choose from. I manage 3 accounts, same issue for all. 

Did you try going incognito/private mode?

Chrome and edge work well.

This site is best viewed on latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer 10 and above. For the best experience, enable cookies and JavaScript on your browser.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

sdfiuh80734th

The page is currently not working and has nothing to do with browser configuration.

@Kazinator wrote:

You are right; it works now.

So the previously accepted solution for this problem is almost certainly a red herring, in fact.

It was likely not clearing the cache and cookies that solved the problem for that user, but simply that the user read the response in the forum and tried again, at a time when it had started working.

There have been times that using incognito mode has worked, but that still doesn't mean there wasn't a website problem. I've experienced before when the self serve site shows up as a blank page. Using incognito mode sometimes works to load the page, but only in some web browsers. However, for some other web browsers and even for web browsers that worked in incognito mode, non-incognito mode would only start working again to load the self serve website once Public Mobile fixed whatever the issue was.

Kazinator

@computergeek541 wrote:

Generally, all you'll need to do will be to try later. Sometimes, the self serve website does this. It will show a blank plan page and when this happens, you will not be able to view the details of your plan or make any changes.

You are right; it works now.

So the previously accepted solution for this problem is almost certainly a red herring, in fact.

It was likely not clearing the cache and cookies that solved the problem for that user, but simply that the user read the response in the forum and tried again, at a time when it had started working.

Thanks.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try waiting an hour and try again.

If it still doesn't work you can contact the moderators and ask them to change it, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Kazinator wrote:

When I try to change my plan for the next billing period, I'm taken to a web page in which nothing works. The buttons are all disabled, and there are no "options above":

Kazinator_0-1604264161811.png

I found a thread about a similar problem, but the recommended solution (clear cache and cookies) does not work. I tried with Firefox and Chrome, too: same results.

Generally, all you'll need to do will be to try later. Sometimes, the self serve website does this. It will show a blank plan page and when this happens, you will not be able to view the details of your plan or make any changes.

Need Help? Let's chat.