cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan from $25 to $15- will I lose Free Holiday Add Ons 1GB & 400mins LD or Free 1GB from Aug?

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Moderator_Team

I am thinking about changing from the $25 to $15 plan.  Will I lose the below Free Holiday Add Ons - 1GB, 400min International Long Distance and the Free 1GB from showing love to customers back in August 2019?

When I change the plan, is there something specific I need to do to ensure these Free Add Ons remain on or will it automatically transfer to the new plan?  Thanks.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)

1GB Promo

48 REPLIES 48

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 wrote:

@Moderator_Team

I am thinking about changing from the $25 to $15 plan.  Will I lose the below Free Holiday Add Ons - 1GB, 400min International Long Distance and the Free 1GB from showing love to customers back in August 2019?

When I change the plan, is there something specific I need to do to ensure these Free Add Ons remain on or will it automatically transfer to the new plan?  Thanks.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)

1GB Promo

My Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan.

Suggested add-ons to bullet proof the $15 plan. Both my wife and I are low users of our $15 mobile plans but the one time cost of $25 makes our plans as good as any. And of course, once set up, one will have to manage these add-ons to keep the “GOOD COMBINATION” in place and maintenance cost should be minimal.

The add-on combinations below do NOT expire until minutes are used up.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 
=======
$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.
2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes
1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes**
1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.
=======
$33 Total **The lesser value of the group

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on and the $15 add-on has International, USA and Canada while the only real use of the $8 add-on is for USA only calls.

Note 1: The add ons above I have mentioned do NOT expire until all the minutes have been used.
The unused minutes roll over month to month until all exhausted.

Note 2:
Keep in mind the value of “Rewards that’ll lower your bill”.
Freebies that may be offered as in pre Christmas 2019 for 1GB of Data and 400 International Long Distance minutes.
Promotional pricing as in March 2020 (Covid 19 era) with 1/2 price 1GB Data that does not expire.
They treat us very well.

Note 3:
If you have the option to call an 800 number, those calls do NOT deduct from your allotted minutes.

Copyrighted 2020

@dac13 wrote:

@dac13 Add-ons should still be there. Do you not see them on the Overview or Add-on page? Try logging out and logging back in using the incognito/private browsing mode. 

@NDesai I actually didn't complete the change because I didn't see the Free Add Ons listed.  But will go with what everyone is saying and hope that the Add Ons will automatically transfer without me doing anything extra to just changing my plan.  This is all new to me...account versus plan etc.  Thanks

Yes, it will not show the add-ons during the plan change because add-ons are not attached to plans. Don't worry, add-ons will stay as is. 

dac13

@dac13 Add-ons should still be there. Do you not see them on the Overview or Add-on page? Try logging out and logging back in using the incognito/private browsing mode. 

@NDesai I actually didn't complete the change because I didn't see the Free Add Ons listed.  But will go with what everyone is saying and hope that the Add Ons will automatically transfer without me doing anything extra to just changing my plan.  This is all new to me...account versus plan etc.  Thanks

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dac13  Add-ons and giveaways are associated with your account and not your plan so you have nothing to worry about.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dac13   As already mentioned by everyone, your add-ons stay with the account and are not affected by any plan change, so it's perfectly fine to schedule your change of plan.  You can also print the overview page if you feel something may go awry before making the change.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kselmak wrote:

Yours to keep

Warning if you go suspended you may lose it

A friend didn't renew on time and 1gig is gone, he still has the minutes though. Won't even bother to ask if he can get back as it was his fault (he cancelled the card and forgot to change it to the new one)

He might've been on the 1gb _promo_ from a while ago. Promo stuff is promo dependent (officially). These add-ons were gifts. Maybe he used it. Maybe he didn't pick up the gift data. But my bet is on a promo bucket.

@kselmak wrote:

Yours to keep

A friend didn't renew on time and 1gig is gone, he still has the minutes though. Won't even bother to ask if he can get back as it was his fault (he cancelled the card and forgot to change it to the new one)

If your friend renewed his plan within the 90 days...I'd ask moderators to return the lost 1 GB of data. Doesn't hurt to ask...what's the worst that could happen.

dac13

No @dac13  those 2 add-ons are tied to the account, not the plan. If you change your plan , you keep them. Heres an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan Its recommended that you cjange on next renewal date. Heres a screenshot on how to do it 

Stay safe. 

Thanks @gblackma   I just tried to change my plan but don't see the Free Add Ons showing for either my current plan or new plan.  Do you know if they Automatically transfer to new plan WITHOUT me doing anything?  See below.

Are you sure you want to change your plan?

Your new plan will take effect on your next renewal date and you won't be charged until then. This changes replaces any other future-dated plan changes. After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion.

CURRENT PLAN

Plan
500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text
$25 per 30 Days

STARTING  Apr 28, 2020 , YOUR NEW PLAN WILL BE:

Plan
$15 for 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + 250MB AutoPay Bonus
$15 per 30 Days

Your Plan Subtotal: $15.00
Yes, change my plan

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Yours to keep

No @dac13  those 2 add-ons are tied to the account, not the plan. If you change your plan , you keep them. Heres an article on switching plans https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan Its recommended that you change on next renewal date. Heres a screenshot on how to do it 

20200416_143943.jpg

Stay safe. 

@Naepalm , what if the user doesn't use what is in the $25 plan you would have them waste $10 a month?  What if they are not working and $10a month savings is going to help them so much more than a larger data bucket.  What we can do here is answer the members questions and offer advice. Saving money is always a good thing if you can.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dac13 , changing plans will not affect any bonuses or add-ons currently in the account.  

dac13
Re: Change plan from $25 to $15- will I lose Free Holiday Add Ons 1GB & 400mins LD or Free 1GB f

@dac13 you wont lose any addon but you will lose anything that is connected to that plan. Make sure you know what is an add on and what is connected to the plan. Tbh I wouldnt change for a 10.00 savings. 

@Naepalm These are listed as Add Ons.  So are Add Ons connected to my account?  I know what you mean about the change for $10 savings but not even using 250mb every month at all.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The add-ons will remain in your account and roll over to the next month.  After your plan minutes  and data are used for the month then the add-ons will be used until they have been depleted.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 you wont lose any addon but you will lose anything that is connected to that plan. Make sure you know what is an add on and what is connected to the plan. Tbh I wouldnt change for a 10.00 savings. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 from my understanding add-ons roll over, so it shouldnt cancel them.

dude65

nope

Need Help? Let's chat.