cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan from $25 to $15- will I lose Free Holiday Add Ons 1GB & 400mins LD or Free 1GB from Aug?

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Moderator_Team

I am thinking about changing from the $25 to $15 plan.  Will I lose the below Free Holiday Add Ons - 1GB, 400min International Long Distance and the Free 1GB from showing love to customers back in August 2019?

When I change the plan, is there something specific I need to do to ensure these Free Add Ons remain on or will it automatically transfer to the new plan?  Thanks.

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on 

$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)

1GB Promo

48 REPLIES 48

piano_boy_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently changed my plan from $25 to $15. I got to keep my Christmas free data and Christmas free long distance minutes. Since the Christmas free add-ons are given to every Public Mobile member, they stay with you regardless if you switch plans.

Hope that helps!

@dac13 good to hear that advice was correct from the community. Concerning there were mixed signals....

lilkoje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dac13  Great news, thank!

dac13

@lilkoje wrote:

Did you end up changing your plan? I’m considering doing the same and have the same dilemma.

@lilkoje Checked my account today and I can confirm that the free Add Ons remained.

dac13

Did you end up changing your plan? I’m considering doing the same and have the same dilemma.

@lilkoje I did but it's set for renewal date which is April 28.  So will find out in a few days.  I can let you know then.

lilkoje
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@LurganIeUk 

Wow, just wow. I get shot down because I happen to have a very recent sample that shows the two usage types I mentioned in the previous post next to each other??? 

This is 2020. I always been upfront about being an Android user who uses the text feature of my phone as well as different messaging-over-data services. If I'd be using an iPhone, the usage history would look the same if I sent the one message using iMessage and the other one to someone who is an Android user.

But then there are all these other possible scenarios that apparently don't fit into your usage pattern...

To begin with: Where did I say that it was the same message to the same person?

Who said that this isn't a no longer offered limited message plan where using a message-over-data service helps saving the small amount of non-replenishable (until next renewal) texts in the bucket for people who don't have a data plan with their provider and/or don't use message-over-data services.

For what it's worth, for a very long time delivery of international SMS/MMS to / from certain friends  overseas was very much hit and miss. Using WhatsApp and other messaging services over data has proven considerably more reliable.

Anything else that you feel I need to justify myself for, sir/madam?

@mpcdesign yeah that is the oracle I was referring to. Thanks for looking that up. Not sure what you meant by boo boos though lol. 🤣

@mpcdesign

Some of us never make small boo-boos, y'know.

Instead, we make fabulous epic blunders.

@dac13 

it could end up costing more once you want to come back so just wanted to caution you on that. what if the 25.00 plan only gives 250mb 2 months from now? Not saying that will happen but I was warned by one of the oracles it could happen. 

Stay safe and enjoy your Saturday!

@dac13, you read this correctly because I read the same thing, and wasn't sure which Oracle said it, but, we all make some small boo-boo's

Thursday, April 16th
Re: Save money on your plan while COVID19 social distancing continues...

@will13am wrote:

It takes 60 days to complete two plan changes and be back to where you started.  Who is to know how long the social distancing will last.  The savings is all of $15 which is not a lot.  Cutting out restaurant meals yield much greater savings.  I am not making any plan changes.

Never mind. I was confused by the copy and pasting.

dac13

@dac13 you can switch plans whenever you want at next renewal is always the best option to not lose out on what you have already paid for.  If you switch from $25-$15 on this renewal you can go back to the $25 plan on the renewal after that so 30 days not 60

@ShawnC13 Thanks.  I saw a reply that said 60 days so thanks for clarifying that I could switch back after 30 days.  Was wondering why 60 days....

dac13

@dac13  from what I have seen from previous posts. You could end up switching to a lower plan but know it will take 60 days to get back to the plan you were on. And plans might increase by that time. I was advised on this by one of the oracles. A few days ago that you could end up wanting the plan you currently havr and it may not be available anymore. I was not teying to scoff at the 10.00 but imply that if you are honest about it you may not save that in the long run. 

@Naepalm Good point about plan changes and may not be offered anymore or increased.  Never thought of that one.  

u@wetcoaster wrote:

@Naepalm 

This is how it shows up in the usage history:

- Top line was a WhatsApp message, it shows a fractional MB amount which is subtracted from the data bucket

- Second line is a picture sent through my phones messaging / texting app, recognizable by "data event", the phone numbers listed and "1 MMS"

Screenshot_2020-04-18-Public-Mobile---View-Usage.jpg

The "web" access would not work if you are out of data, the "data event" still does even if there is no data available on the account.

Why would you bother using WhatsApp over data when inbound and outbound texts are included in your PM plan? I must be missing something or are you flogging a dead horse?

@Naepalm 

This is how it shows up in the usage history:

- Top line was a WhatsApp message, it shows a fractional MB amount which is subtracted from the data bucket

- Second line is a picture sent through my phones messaging / texting app, recognizable by "data event", the phone numbers listed and "1 MMS"

Screenshot_2020-04-18-Public-Mobile---View-Usage.jpg

The "web" access would not work if you are out of data, the "data event" still does even if there is no data available on the account.

@wetcoaster good to know thank you for pointing that out.. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@dac13 the only other advice I would give is to mention that texting pictures requires data. But if you have already gone over your usage then you probably have figure this out. 

@Naepalm 

MMS (=texting pictures with your text messaging app) does require a data connection / "data on", but will NOT count towards your data usage.

If you use a messenger type app like FB messenger, WhatsApp, etc, or don't adjust the iMessage settings to "send as SMS" (or whatever the actual wording is) you will use data if not connected to WiFi.

@dac13 the only other advice I would give is to mention that texting pictures requires data. But if you have already gone over your usage then you probably have figure this out. 

@dac13 you can switch plans whenever you want at next renewal is always the best option to not lose out on what you have already paid for.  If you switch from $25-$15 on this renewal you can go back to the $25 plan on the renewal after that so 30 days not 60

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 alright all is well thanks for clearing that up. yeah I explained my comment in a further response to @dac13 I reall do appreciate you guys but felt it was a little out of left field and you may have felt mine was insensitve and if it was I am sorry for that. 

cheers

@Naepalm sorry it was taken that way, was not intended. With what is going on for a majority of people financially with the "lockdown" saving money has become very important.  If the member is on a grandfathered plan that is no longer offered I would recommend they consider if it was worth it as those are no longer offered and wouldn't have access to it anymore.  Sorry if you find me post harsh I also found your  comment of TBH for a $10 savings I wouldn't change a little harsh as well basically by dismissing how important $10 can be to people at this time especially if they aren't using fully what is offered in their current plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@dac13  from what I have seen from previous posts. You could end up switching to a lower plan but know it will take 60 days to get back to the plan you were on. And plans might increase by that time. I was advised on this by one of the oracles. A few days ago that you could end up wanting the plan you currently havr and it may not be available anymore. I was not teying to scoff at the 10.00 but imply that if you are honest about it you may not save that in the long run. 

@ShawnC13  I have taken my response down out of respect. 

cheers 

dac13

@gblackma Good to know!  Thanks!

dac13

@LurganIeUk Thanks for your tips.  This is actually for my son and to be honest, he probably won't even use 10mins out of the 100mins.  He basically uses it for texting or data...which he also mostly uses wifi so not much data also.

@dac13 once you change your plan, to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dac13 wrote:

@dac13   As already mentioned by everyone, your add-ons stay with the account and are not affected by any plan change, so it's perfectly fine to schedule your change of plan.  You can also print the overview page if you feel something may go awry before making the change.

@dabr Thanks.  All new to me about account and plan.  But I will take print of the overview page just in case.  Good suggestion.  I didn't see any details where these Free Add Ons only applied to certain plans so I'm going with what everyone is saying about the automatic transfer since it's part of the Account.

@dac13  It's always a good idea to double check here if you're not sure how something works.  For the record, I've done plan changes on couple of my accounts and all prior add-ons stayed intact, but I also always make a print before and after doing any change too 🙂

dac13

@dac13   As already mentioned by everyone, your add-ons stay with the account and are not affected by any plan change, so it's perfectly fine to schedule your change of plan.  You can also print the overview page if you feel something may go awry before making the change.

@dabr Thanks.  All new to me about account and plan.  But I will take print of the overview page just in case.  Good suggestion.  I didn't see any details where these Free Add Ons only applied to certain plans so I'm going with what everyone is saying about the automatic transfer since it's part of the Account.

Need Help? Let's chat.