cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change plan from $25 to $15 plan and keep bonus 1gb -addon

wong911t
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I hardly use any data and currently on the $25 1gb plan.

Since I added the christmas bonus of $0 1gb data add on to my plan, can I switch from the $25 plan down to the $15 ? Does the 1gb bonus data stay with me or I will lose it as a result of the plan change. My understanding is as long as I maintain a plan, I am good ?

I use about maybe 200-500mb a month so the $15 250mb + 1gb will suit me fine and saves me a bit of $ too. Can you help ?

7 REPLIES 7

piano_boy_21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently changed plan from $25 to $15. I got to keep my Christmas bonus data and Christmas bonus long distance minutes. Those Christmas bonuses are given free to every Public Mobile member, so you keep the bonuses regardless if you switch plans.

Cheers!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@wong911t wrote:

Since I added the christmas bonus of $0 1gb data add on to my plan, can I switch from the $25 plan down to the $15 ? Does the 1gb bonus data stay with me or I will lose it as a result of the plan change. My understanding is as long as I maintain a plan, I am good ?

I use about maybe 200-500mb a month so the $15 250mb + 1gb will suit me fine and saves me a bit of $ too. Can you help ?

The $25 plan for my Boss's phone is the same as you. She hardly makes any calls and only a bit of data every 30 days. We've opted to change hers to the $15 plan...but make sure to "Change on next renewal date". 

More Public Mobile $aving !!

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The data will remain active until it is used up or you move to another carrier. You may switch plans as often as you like and the data will not be lost.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Don't forget also the 400 minutes, they roll over until used up, they will come in handy with 100 dial out minutes you use. Once they are used up look into $5 add-on, if you are like me that only needs 5-10 extra minutes monthly you probably won't use it up before they give another gift like that, but if you do use a bit more 500 minutes for $5 is a great deal. 

I also use textNow, it uses only 30 megs of my data, and they give me another Canadian number (which is my long term number now) with free North America calling. I practically get unlimited USA and Canada for $13 🙂 

I love Public mobile:)

PS. Very important to restrict background data for textNow or it will consume about 100 monthly, which a lot for a small 250 data I get. I keep almost everything restricted and data is off most of the time, I do forget to switch it off but since restricting most of apps I never ran over. At the beginning I did.

Hope this helps

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wong911t 

Yes, the bonus add-ons will stay with your account after paln change.

Schedule a plan change to the $15 plan on your next renewal date because there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@wong911t wrote:

Yes the bonus data will stay on your account. It is associated with your account and not the plan that you have

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It should stay

There were no conditions you would have gotten it if you were on any plan as long as you are active customer with active account it is yours until you consume it. As long as you maintain your account you are good, if you close it, it will be gone

Need Help? Let's chat.