cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of plan

Dennis8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agreed to a change of plan to be effective May 29. It tells me that my plan has been suspended.  This is what I was offered and agreed to.

Screenshot_20200530-014532_Messages.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

@Dennis8 

It looks like you are experiencing two different issues that have come up in recent weeks. It appears you have experienced an autopay failure. This is a common issue we hear about on the community but it's actually not very common to occur amoung the hundreds of thousands of customers public mobile has but the few who experience it usually come here to report it and and seek help.

There are two reasons likely for yours to have occurred. One new and one old.....a scheduled plan change usually a downgrade will often cause an autopay failure for some reason. It's recommended to manually top up your account before your renewal to ensure this isn't triggered when the plan change/renewal goes through its payment process.

The newer wrinkle in this process is a minute change in credit card billing perhaps from the same financial institution as the the few others in the past month who have experienced this issue. It could be using ALL CAPS when entering your billing or how you've entered the direction (if any) in your address or how you've abbreviated your ST, AVE or DR in your account ( not necessarily now but previously) and the billing dept at the financial institution has made a tiny change that now causes the addresses to not match. Causing it to refuse payment and the autopay fails.

Secondly there have been several customers who responded to upgrade their plan to the $35/3gb and not have it change upon renewal. There obviously been a problem with how they coded the change in the system causing it to not implement systematically across the board....

If your voucher amount has renewed your service then contact the moderstors as suggested and have them add your credit card info and add a nominal payment to the funds in your balance/account. This will just be to test that your card is being recognised by both pm's and cards financial institution. Finally ask the moderators to put the correct plan on your account.

@Dennis8 wrote:

It will not upgrade to the plan offered. It was supposed to be automatic. I had to buy a voucher to get my phone working again. Everytime I enter my card information, it tells me that they can't verify the card. I was expecting to be on the new plan by now. If this can't be fixed within a couple of days, I will be looking for a new, more reliable provider.

As @gpixel said your cc might be locked after too many attempts. Contact a moderator for assistance.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Dennis8 it might not be verifying because public mobile might of locked out the card. not too sure, there are too many variables when it comes to registering your credit card.

Dennis8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It will not upgrade to the plan offered. It was supposed to be automatic. I had to buy a voucher to get my phone working again. Everytime I enter my card information, it tells me that they can't verify the card. I was expecting to be on the new plan by now. If this can't be fixed within a couple of days, I will be looking for a new, more reliable provider.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis8 

Go to your account and check if it says that your plan is $35. This sounds like payment failure. Look at your account balance. If it's less than $35, top up the difference.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Dennis8 other customers have been having issues with this plan upgrade. make sure everything works before parting ways with the Moderators

you can contact customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.