cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of plan for expired but not suspended account

akattijnr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I want to change my plan but I am not able to do so, is it because my account has expired? Anyway it just expired today 

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr 

That is the not-suspended change-plan-now warning. So sorta kinda maybe.

I would still wonder if the system will still want the $40 through the night though. Thus the at your own risk.

akattijnr

Screenshot_20190926-023029_Chrome.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr 

I dunno man...at your own risk. This system is frail as it is without confusing it on renewal night.

If you are successful and don't pay twice "at the end of the day" then we'd all be interested to hear it.

akattijnr

I just noticed this change in my account now, I think I can change it now.Screenshot_20190926-022335_Chrome.jpg

akattijnr

Thank you 

akattijnr

Ok, thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr wrote:

So what is the only option left for me now?

You have several options open to you.

I don't know if the idea I thought of works. You would have a short period of time tomorrow of no service. In that suspension you can change your plan.

Otherwise, later tomorrow you can do a Change Plan Now and pay again.

Lastly, later tomorrow you can set up a plan change for your next renewal.

Again...I would not be mucking about in the account right now. But that's just me.

akattijnr

So what is the only option left for me now?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr wrote:

How much will it cost me?

It's that there are no pro-rating or refunds here. So it renews overnight tonight. You pay for your current plan. If you were to then change to another plan immediately then you lose what you just paid.

I edited my post above for your perusal.

akattijnr

How much will it cost me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr wrote:

Does it mean I will have to pay for my current plan in order to change my plan?

Yes. You are in renewal time right now. Later tomorrow you could choose to change to a new plan but that would cost you the renewal as there are no pro-rating or refunds here.

So it's always recommended to change for next renewal...which you should have done yesterday or earlier today.

Edit: if you're on autopay and you have insufficient funds in your Available Funds then you *could* let the service suspend by toggling autopay off. You would be without service for a short period of time.

But I just would not be mucking around in the account at this time. I'm not even sure the above idea would work.

akattijnr

This is how my profile looks like. Screenshot_20190926-015317_Chrome.jpg

akattijnr

Does it mean I will have to pay for my current plan in order to change my plan?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@akattijnrIf your plan is expired chances are you will need to pay for this month's plan. I would wait another 30 days to change your plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akattijnr wrote:

Hi, I want to change my plan but I am not able to do so, is it because my account has expired? Anyway it just expired today 

Well don't touch anything now. It has just started it's long journey to renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.