cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my plan

George1980
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change my plan, but the guy that activated my sim put the wrong email in, now I can't get into the online account, I have my number and pin and all that but there seems to be no option to change my plan

11 REPLIES 11

@NDesai  Yes thank you that is how it happened for my original account activated in store. However what was clouding my memory was the last three accounts I activated in store with or for others the sales reps helped create the self serve account as well. At no time during any in store activation has a dummy email address been used.....always the account holders email address was used.

The problem was that I was never given an option to enter/change email address. Is it even possible to register it with different email? I remember a person who had Walmart employee mispell the email (knew the missed number in the email) was advised to create it with the misspelled address just to log in and then to change the login to the correct address and contact the mods to change the email on file

@darlicious wrote:

@George1980  Since you don't know and/or can't access the email used to set up your account you must send a private message to the moderators  and verify your identity through the information in your account. After clicking on the link already supplied to you....explain the issue. Then include the following in your private message: name and address on account, ph #, pin# and dob. Make a reference to the email that should have been entered as it will be very similar to the one entered. Then be prepared to answer any or all of the following: alternate number on account if any, payment amount, method of payment and last 4 digits and date of payment, security question and answer. A moderator will be able to locate your account or finish setting it up for you and add the correct email.

Once again, no need to contact the mod if OPs phone is currently in service. Customers must create an account after activating at a store. They will be asked to enter their phone number and verify using sms text. If account is suspeneded, only then mod help is needed.

@George1980  Since you don't know and/or can't access the email used to set up your account you must send a private message to the moderators  and verify your identity through the information in your account. After clicking on the link already supplied to you....explain the issue. Then include the following in your private message: name and address on account, ph #, pin# and dob. Make a reference to the email that should have been entered as it will be very similar to the one entered. Then be prepared to answer any or all of the following: alternate number on account if any, payment amount, method of payment and last 4 digits and date of payment, security question and answer. A moderator will be able to locate your account or finish setting it up for you and add the correct email.

Edit: @George1980  Alright ignore everything I just said unless the sales rep offered to help set up your account for you? If you were directed to set up your self serve at home then create a new account  by entering your phone # to recieve your account pin and create an account.

Thanks for the explanation @NDesai .

@gblackma wrote:

@NDesai , wouldn't the SIM be tied to the wrong email address,  since it was activated in store?

When store rep activates the sim, they can enter any random email address. Their activation portal is bit different in a way it creates a dummy self-serve account. After activation, customers must create an account using their phone number. 

@NDesai , wouldn't the SIM be tied to the wrong email address,  since it was activated in store?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Try registering

If you can't please contact moderators

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 prove that you are the owner and they will help you set it up with the correct email

@gblackma wrote:

@George1980 Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

No need to involve mod here. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@George1980 Since you activated at the store, you will need to create an account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/
Once you create an account with proper email address, you will be able to log in and change your plan. Be aware that if you want to change the plan now, you will have to pay again and you will not receive any credit back for the 30 days you already paid. You have an option to future date the plan change so it changes during your next renewal day.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@George1980 Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket )

If you change your plan mid cycle , you will lose your remaining balance and be charged for the new plan. It's better to choose change plan on your cycle renewal date.

@George1980  wrote:

I want to change my plan, but the guy that activated my sim put the wrong email in, now I can't get into the online account, I have my number and pin and all that but there seems to be no option to change my plan

Need Help? Let's chat.