cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan

James63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to change my wife’s plan. We recently renewed for 3 months. When I select change plan her current plan does not display and plan options do not display. I want to get her data without doing an add-on. I wanted to change to the 25$ plan that has data as it is cheaper than add-one. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

24 REPLIES 24

albertlin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for everyone's reply. Now everything is back to normal after several hours without me doing anything further. What I did was that I actually made a payment earlier of the day, and I guess somehow the system was updating in the background, during which time I saw nothing in my plan and couldn't change plan.
Based on my experience, my advice would be waiting patiently for at least a few hours if you made any change in your account prior to changing your plan.

@kevenayoub wrote:

I am having the same issue! I have autopay on. I switched plans. Now, my plan isn't active and I get the website error when trying to change my plans. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

You can try to restart your phone too, sometimes that will help reset the account if you're still having issues.

@albertlin wrote:

I'm in incognito mode on Chrome and I have the same issue - no plans are being displayed after clicked the plan change button.
I've also got to a dead site after clicking "Try Out More Options"
Is this a website issue? The bottom line: how do I change plan (I do have funds available in my account)?

@albertlin  Best to use a desktop/laptop. Clear the cahce on your browser and restart the computer.  If yu have access to another computer might be woth a try.

@albertlin 

Just tried my account and I was able to change plans myself.  I don't think that it is a system wide issue...  

If still having issues, may need to contact moderator, but expect 1-2 day wait.  

Send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

albertlin

I'm in incognito mode on Chrome and I have the same issue - no plans are being displayed after clicked the plan change button.
I've also got to a dead site after clicking "Try Out More Options"
Is this a website issue? The bottom line: how do I change plan (I do have funds available in my account)?

@kevenayoub 

Website is finicky.  Try a different webbrowser, clearing cache or going incognito mode.  Chrome incognito seems to work fine with PM website.  

Do you have any available funds available?  Was your credit card card overnight? In your self service account, which plan shows (old or new one)?

kevenayoub

I am having the same issue! I have autopay on. I switched plans. Now, my plan isn't active and I get the website error when trying to change my plans. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

Runnergirl

I changed plans from Telus to Public Mobile plan and I’m so happy!!

@almondmilk wrote:

I'm having this exact same issue!  The link to "Try Out More Options" when trying to change my plan leads to a dead site, and it's incredibly frustrating because I put money into my account and am unable to pull it back out, even though it's not allowing me to use my plan.  I hope it gets fixed soon, good luck!

I can imagine it would be quite frustrating if you're unable to use functions in your self-serve account.  Unfortunately, with PM being prepaid you won't be able to get back any monies put into your account, but they will be there to pay for next month's bill. 

Are you in the process of activating and not able to complete the process, or have done the activation and not being able to use your phone? A few more details would allow other users here to maybe assist you.

If your issue is the same as OP, maybe they'll provide an update as to if they managed to get it resolved and what was the fix.

almondmilk

I'm having this exact same issue!  The link to "Try Out More Options" when trying to change my plan leads to a dead site, and it's incredibly frustrating because I put money into my account and am unable to pull it back out, even though it's not allowing me to use my plan.  I hope it gets fixed soon, good luck!

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@James63 If your wife's phone has just been renewal, you should do the plan change in next cycle. If you change it right now, you lose what you have just paid for. PM won't prorate the usage for prepaid plan.

When you go to My Account, and click on the "Change Plan" button that will take you to the plan list that you can choose from. Unless you really want to change it right now, you have to push through available fund $25 (either in credit card or voucher) for this new plan before you can change to the $25 plan immediately.

@mimmo wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@James63 wrote:

Hi, I am trying to change my wife’s plan. We recently renewed for 3 months. When I select change plan her current plan does not display and plan options do not display. I want to get her data without doing an add-on. I wanted to change to the 25$ plan that has data as it is cheaper than add-one. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

@James63  Are you currently on a 90 day plan? If you want to switch to the $25 30 day plan immediately then click on the plan details link to check that you don't have a pending plan change already scheduled. If yes, then you need to cancel the plan change before you can setup a new one.

@geopublic  are you sure about that.  I just was able to overwrite one futuredated plan with another. I would assume the an immediate plan change would be the same.

the issue is that no plans are being displayed when james clicks the plan change button which leads me to believe it a website issue ie the page is not able to retrieve the plans from the database, or something similar.   

@mimmo Yes, in the past I had to cancel my scheduled plan change before I could select an immediate plan change.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Not trying to tell you what to do but consider this before you change plans.

You have 90 day plan.you want 1gb of data per month added .

Option 1

3mos at 25 per month gives you 1 gb per month which expires in 30 days .

Total $75

Option2

Keep plan already paid 90 days.

Purchase 2 gb of data @ 30 each. These gbs stay until used.

Total $60

if you get to month 3 and you are out of datas, purchase $ 25 dollar plan then.

Total $85

So it may cost u an extra 10, but it may save u 15 or more if she uses her data slowly, like I do. (Less than 500 mb a month for me.)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@James63 wrote:

@James63  Are you currently on a 90 day plan? If you want to switch to the $25 30 day plan immediately then click on the plan details link to check that you don't have a pending plan change already scheduled. If yes, then you need to cancel the plan change before you can setup a new one.

@geopublic  are you sure about that.  I just was able to overwrite one futuredated plan with another. I would assume the an immediate plan change would be the same.

the issue is that no plans are being displayed when james clicks the plan change button which leads me to believe it a website issue ie the page is not able to retrieve the plans from the database, or something similar.   

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@James63 wrote:

James63

@mimmo thanks

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@James63  If i understoood your issue clicking change plan but no plans shows up. this is probably a web issue. try ingognito mode, try a different browser, try clearing cache.  worst case try in an hour.  these things typically resolve themselves, I don't see a need to contact the mods until you tried the above.

James63

Thanks

@James63 wrote:

Hi, I am not trying to change to the same plan. She has a text and talk plan now. We are trying to change to the 25$ plan that has text and talk and includes data. When I select change plan no options for plans display and her current plan does not display. It this because she has just been renewed so it will not allow to display changing?

Well I'm not sure if that is the reason because in theory you should be able to change whenever you'd like, but of course with PM being pre-paid you would forfiet all your plan features as @RossN mentioned and have to pay for the new plan to boot. 

Maybe someone knows why this would happen, meanwhile you could send a message to Moderator_Team here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you've only recently renewed your 90 Day plan, you may just want to buy the 1G Data Add-on for $30. As the ohers have told you...if you elect to change plan right away you'll lose whatever balance is current on your account and there are no refunds.

James63

Hi, I am not trying to change to the same plan. She has a text and talk plan now. We are trying to change to the 25$ plan that has text and talk and includes data. When I select change plan no options for plans display and her current plan does not display. It this because she has just been renewed so it will not allow to display changing?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@James63 wrote:

If you're trying to change to the same plan she has, you will not be able to do that without contacting Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right of your post.  You can, however, change her plan to a different one or go into build your own and select something that is close to what she has, then opt to future date to the previous plan once a change has been made.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@James63 hi do you know that if you change plan now you will loose what is left of that three months

Need Help? Let's chat.