cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan/Proration

Rc22222222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. 

I want to change my plan from $40.00 to $50.00 asap. 

Ruth

Moved by ShawnC13, made own topic

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

There seems to be a bug in the system that fails the plan upgrade.  Part of the system thinks only the lesser amount is needed to renew.  Part of the system is aware that a larger amount is needed to renew due to plan change.  Consequently, renewal fails due to insufficient funds.  This has happened before.  Moderator team intervention is required here. 

@will13am you think this is what's going on here for @Rc22222222?  I'm thinking they are requesting an immediate plan change, rather than they have tried and it didn't take.  

@Rc22222222 there is no proration on pre-paid plan, as has been noted.  You have 3 options at this point in time:

1) You can go into your self-serve account, go to the change plan page, pick you $50 plan, and then click the button that says to change the plan at your next renewal.  If you do this, you will continue using your current $40 plan until your current 30 days is up, and then it should switch to the new plan upon renewal.  

2) You can go into your self-serve account, go to the change plan page, pick you $50 plan, and then click the button that says to change the plan immediately.  If you do this, whatever is left from your current 30 days, whether you are 1 day into it, 17 days into it, or 29 days into, is forfeited without any refund or proration.  You would then be charged the $50 from your available funds balance (it sounds like you've already topped up) immediately, and a brand new 30 days will begin with your new $50 plan.

3) You can contact the moderator team by sending them a private message (learn how to do that here) and ask them to do an immediate plan change for you, with proration.  However, they are under no obligation to do so, so do not demand it but rather ask politely if they can make an exception for you.  Do note that going with this option may take a few days to get completed.

The quickest but costliest way is option 2.  The slowest and cheapest way is option 1.  Option 3 would be an exception, if they even do it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@will13am wrote:

There seems to be a bug in the system that fails the plan upgrade.  Part of the system thinks only the lesser amount is needed to renew.  Part of the system is aware that a larger amount is needed to renew due to plan change.  Consequently, renewal fails due to insufficient funds.  This has happened before.  Moderator team intervention is required here. 

I can confirm that moderator assistance is needed to avoid service issues between billing cycles. @CS_Agent

They can also probably do the switch on their end too but if you would still rather diy and previous steps given don't help. Login to public Mobile, click on the "Plan" tab and then the "Change Plan" sub tab.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@slash407 wrote:

u might b beter of using addons, bcuz they wont prorate the change, so do a addon for the rest of the month before u change if u can manage

I second this. That way, you can still tell the system you want your plan to change at renewal but you have the coverage beforehand + the current plan.

If you were on a postpaid plan and you've moved to PM, you're now on a prepaid system (as others have mentioned). It took me a bit to get the differences straight in my head, but once it becomes familiar, it's actually easy to work with. 

Can't have proration on a prepay system

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreYummy wrote:

2 options to change your plan, which date you want it active btw?

It would be nice if we could select a date but there are only two choices...immediate or renewal time. One could say that you can choose *when* to do that immediate but it's immediate at that time.

2 options to change your plan, which date you want it active btw?

@Rc22222222, tell us a bit more.  When did you start your current plan?  DId you private message the moderators?  Have you tried to do the change yourself or are you hoping to get a credit from your first plan?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@6500K, that is correct.  If it has only been one day you may get lucky and have the moderators show you some goodwill and do the switch once you add another $10 but that is not a requirement for them to do that

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If I may, just to clarify a point:

Say you started your $40 plan yesterday and you wanted to change it to the $50 today. If you went to your account page and changed it you would immediately lose the $40 you originally paid and the system would charge you another $50, assuming you have it on autopay on a credit card.

@ShawnC13 is this correct?

I wanted to state it in a different way so that it may help some people to understand it better.

Rc22222222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I asked to change my plan asap and still no response. I have the money in my account. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Rc22222222 wrote:

Hi. 

I want to change my plan from $40.00 to $50.00 asap. 

Ruth

@Rc22222222, you can do an immediate plan change but that will forego whatever you have left on your current plan with no credit towards your new plan.  You can do a future dated plan change for your next renewal and you won't lose anything.  But if you do need an immediate plan change it will cost you $50.  Login to self serve and choose change plan then pick the plan you want.

Need Help? Let's chat.