cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge --Show me a better plan then PM $15/month

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

After reading several posts that seem to trash Public Mobile I decided that perhaps they are correct and searched for a better provider. I perused Lucky Mobile and other budget cell providers plans and add ons but all I could see are 3G data offerings and less attractive plans.

So it seems to me that Public Mobile seems to be the only budget provider that offers the most bang for your $$$$ and also the only one that offers a 4G LTE data add on --($30 for 1GB 4G-LTE).  

So the challenge to all that disagree -- show me a better plan for $15 - $2 (auto-pay)=$13/month that includes  100 minutes Canada Wide long distance + unlimited Texting + 250 MB Data -- and very cheap add ons that roll over until used up.

18 REPLIES 18

@BEER wrote:

So it seems to me that Public Mobile seems to be the only budget provider that offers the most bang for your $$$$ and also the only one that offers a 4G LTE data add on --($30 for 1GB 4G-LTE).  

On the $15 plan, the $30 1GB add-on will not provide full LTE speeds.

gzluwl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping wrote:

The PM $10 50/50 plan is a Speakout killer for people does not use their phone that much.

Yes. I was one of those who switched from Speakout to the $10 plan.

BEER

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Challenge accepted.  The Fall promo 90 day 12GB $120, with referrals, community rewards and loyalty rewards it is WAY under the $13 plan  you spoke of

With due respect because you are one of the knowledgeable Oracles - again you are not comparing apples with apples ------ because you are assuming that we all get referral, community and loyalty rewards.  In my example I have only applied the auto pay discount because anyone can get this discount. inadvertently you have confirmed that PM offers better deals then competitor cell service providers. ANYWAYS the challenge is to find a plan by any other Cell Service providers that offers more for $15 or less then Public Mobiles $15 plan.

I have to agree with @Anonymous  I am currently using the $15 plan and will be switching to the $10 plan on my next renewal. Only my second renewal and it will become my free phone. Thanks PM you can't get a cheaper plan than free.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

PM is pretty good when it comes to it's rewards. I started at $60 and with all it's rewards got down to $48. Overtime my plan will keep going down. Couldn't be any happier.

@BEER wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you started a thread about how the $15 plan is great for you and that you challenge anyone to find a better deal. Sure. With the exacting narrow scope of what you specified and that it works for you...sure.

The $10 plan is better for my needs and thus is a better deal. Therefore I posted.

No..no...no. my challenge is to compare a plan that offers the same or better features for $15. I'm glad that the $10 plan works for you and of-course is also a great deal that can't be beat. But as the saying goes we should compare apples with apples. 

PS I also have a $10 plan that I maintain for my elderly 90 year old grandmother however she uses iMessage so the 50 only texts in the plan are sufficient. 

Challenge accepted.  The Fall promo 90 day 12GB $120, with referrals, community rewards and loyalty rewards it is WAY under the $13 plan  you spoke of

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

So you started a thread about how the $15 plan is great for you and that you challenge anyone to find a better deal. Sure. With the exacting narrow scope of what you specified and that it works for you...sure.

The $10 plan is better for my needs and thus is a better deal. Therefore I posted.

No..no...no. my challenge is to compare a plan that offers the same or better features for $15. I'm glad that the $10 plan works for you and of-course is also a great deal that can't be beat. But as the saying goes we should compare apples with apples. 

PS I also have a $10 plan that I maintain for my elderly 90 year old grandmother however she uses iMessage so the 50 only texts in the plan are sufficient. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

BEER

@popping wrote:

@BEER wrote:

@popping wrote:

Agree.  New subscribers should do their research before joining.  If people can wait up to 2 days for support, PM plans are perfect.  If you are running a business or your job depends on a working phone, PM is not for you.  There was an Uber driver had to take an unecpected 1 week off because of account issue.

Hey ...hey...... seriously.... no one should go cheap on a plan for work .... 

If you stick around on this forum, you will be surprised how many people use PM for work or business phone.  The Uber driver which I talk about was complaining on this forum August 2018.

I for one kept my expensive Bell plan for several months while I simultaneously tried out my cheap PM $15 plan. After at least 3 months I found that PM reception was as good as Bell's because they use the same towers. I then ported my business number to a new PM account and obviously cancelled my rip off expensive Bell plan. Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any service problems with PM. The only problems I had were basicaly my fault due to my  ignorance that were quickly solved by other members on this forum.

PS... The only unresolved issue  had is when I tried to use my other PM accounts Sim in my older iPad-2 but it didn't work even after following advise on how to given by helpful members on this forum. But that's not a big deal because I have always used the ipad on WIFI or by my phone's hot spot feature.

BEER

@Anonymous wrote:

Challenge accepted.

The PM $10 plan. Unfortunately it won't be available to new customers in a few days.

Add add-ons. Use them up over time. You're not going to get LTE data with that expensive $15 plan either...you will on the $10 one. Limitied SMS?... pishaw...texting apps and wifi and other workarounds.

Only be obligated to pay $10 per term. Of course the autopay reward is its easy 2 bucks off. Just by being a customer for over a year another dollar per. Tell your friends and family how much you spend on your cell costs and get some referrals for anotehr dollar per. Work a little bit here and get some other money off your cost. Getting to zero ends up being not that difficult.

Not so ..the $10 has less features. My challenge is for people that live with their phones and just can't be bothered with third party add ons and like most just  basically text and text till they get calluases on their little fingers.

BEER

@popping wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

After reading several posts that seem to trash Public Mobile I decided that perhaps they are correct and searched for a better provider. I perused Lucky Mobile and other budget cell providers plans and add ons but all I could see are 3G data offerings and less attractive plans.

So the challenge to all that disagree -- show me a better plan then $15 - $2 (auto-pay)=$13/month that includes  100 minutes Canada Wide long distance + unlimited Texting + 250 MB Data -- and very cheap add ons that roll over until used up.

Challenge accepted.

The PM $10 plan. Unfortunately it won't be available to new customers in a few days.

Add add-ons. Use them up over time. Only be obligated to pay $10 per term. Of course the autopay reward is its easy 2 bucks off. Just by being a customer for over a year another dollar per. Tell your friends and family how much you spend on your cell costs and get some referrals for anotehr dollar per. Work a little bit here and get some other money off your cost. Getting to zero ends up being not that difficult.

The PM $10 50/50 plan is a Speakout killer for people does not use their phone that much.

Not so ..the $10 has less features. my challenge is for people that live with their phones and like most basically text and text till they get calluases on their little fingers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

So the challenge to all that disagree -- show me a better plan then $15 - $2 (auto-pay)=$13/month that includes  100 minutes Canada Wide long distance + unlimited Texting + 250 MB Data -- and very cheap add ons that roll over until used up.

Challenge accepted.

Add add-ons. Use them up over time. Only be obligated to pay $10 per term. Of course the autopay reward is its easy 2 bucks off. Just by being a customer for over a year another dollar per. Tell your friends and family how much you spend on your cell costs and get some referrals for anotehr dollar per. Work a little bit here and get some other money off your cost. Getting to zero ends up being not that difficult.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Challenge accepted.

Add add-ons. Use them up over time. You're not going to get LTE data with that expensive $15 plan either...you will on the $10 one. Limitied SMS?... pishaw...texting apps and wifi and other workarounds.

Only be obligated to pay $10 per term. Of course the autopay reward is its easy 2 bucks off. Just by being a customer for over a year another dollar per. Tell your friends and family how much you spend on your cell costs and get some referrals for anotehr dollar per. Work a little bit here and get some other money off your cost. Getting to zero ends up being not that difficult.

popping

@BEER wrote:

@popping wrote:

Agree.  New subscribers should do their research before joining.  If people can wait up to 2 days for support, PM plans are perfect.  If you are running a business or your job depends on a working phone, PM is not for you.  There was an Uber driver had to take an unecpected 1 week off because of account issue.

If you stick around on this forum, you will be surprised how many people use PM for work or business phone.  The Uber driver which I talk about was complaining on this forum August 2018.

BEER

@popping wrote:

BEER

@LovesToPM wrote:

@BEER, you are correct there is nothing better for that price.

As long as the PM plan meets your needs...

If you want something more, like real-time phone support or international roaming, then you would need to look elsewhere.

As far as I can tell most just text and hardly ever use voice calls. For social media 250mb would go in a flash but then even 2GB or more doesn’t last long so WIFI is the way to go. 

popping

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@BEER, you are correct there is nothing better for that price.

As long as the PM plan meets your needs...

If you want something more, like real-time phone support or international roaming, then you would need to look elsewhere.

Need Help? Let's chat.