cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catherine/Alan - There are mistakes on QC website. Please Fix!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

Can you guys take a look at the Quebec website plans. Both English and French.

There are mistakes under "offer details".

Example $13 plan says 250MB data 1/2

Screenshot_20200921_201353.jpg

When you go and read "offer details" #2 says 500mb instead of 250mb.

If you look at higher plans they all show the extra 500mb as well.

Screenshot_20200921_200449.jpg

27 REPLIES 27

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hi everyone! Thank you for the feedback. This new rate plan presentation that you’ve noticed is a pilot we’re running in QC. There has been increased price aggression in QC, and we wanted to highlight Public Mobile’s competitive everyday pricing by showing customers the true value they’re receiving with Autopay, which we encourage our customers to sign up for as it makes the prepaid experience simple and easy. I hope this was able to clear any confusion!

@Catherine_T   With all due respect, I don't see how this explains the discrepancy between the overview of the Quebec plans and the footnote #2 referencing autopay and bonus data. 

Maybe I'm missing something in the explanation...oh well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Catherine_T wrote:

Hi everyone! Thank you for the feedback. This new rate plan presentation that you’ve noticed is a pilot we’re running in QC. There has been increased price aggression in QC, and we wanted to highlight Public Mobile’s competitive everyday pricing by showing customers the true value they’re receiving with Autopay, which we encourage our customers to sign up for as it makes the prepaid experience simple and easy. I hope this was able to clear any confusion!

@Catherine_T 

Great. Then make it bulletproof if you're trying to emphasize it. 'Cuz it ain't.

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@LovesToPM   Have to agree with @Jb456's point on how confusing and misleading the details of the Quebec plans' page is.

When I look at the Quebec plans page I don't see a mention of any bonus data in the main plan overview and the only mention under the footnote/condition # 2 which suggests (to me) that this would an additional bonus data on top of what is already stated on the overview, whereas footnote # 1 correctly explains the correct price with autopay enabled but footnote #2 is completely misleading.  JMO!

@LovesToPM yes that was the one

Yes thanks @Jb456, I already had a good understanding of the situation.

And it looks like the original issue from the French forum is already taken care of. 😀

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Forfaits-et-options/500mo-de-prime/m-p/595718

@LovesToPM  the Quebec plans don't show the seperate amounts of data. How much you get without auto-pay and how much you get with auto-pay. It just shows total amount. 1 gig, 2 gig, etc. Where the pictures on other provinces show each.

So if I am looking at the 1 gig plan in question then scroll down to "Offer details" I read #2 and all it says is 500 mb bonus for auto-pay.

I say to myself "What bonus? Does this mean I get the 1 gig of data like picture shows plus another 500mb bonus for autopay?

That's how people are reading it. There has already been a person on the French forums complaining the other day and saying he should get this mysterious bonus data. Which is why I made this post in the first place as the person wanted 500mb bonus for the $15 plan because that is what it said. That part is fixed now.

@LovesToPM  do you see the difference in how the 1gig reads between Quebec and Ontario. Here's the screen shots.

Screenshot_20200925_040159.jpg

Screenshot_20200925_040315.jpg

Notice how only other provinces show the line +Bonus 500 MB with Auto-pay.

The Quebec picture just shows $23 for 1 gig and no mention of bonus data with auto-pay. BUT then you go read #2 it says 500 mb bonus with Auto-pay. 

The picture makes it confusing.

If PM changes the picture and it displays like below. Then everything would make sense for the Quebec site.

Also the #2 should be added to other provinces sites that do actually have the picture that says "+Bonus 500 mb with auto-pay". Which currently does not display other then on Quebec site. Other provinces don't even have #2 in the picture just #1

Screenshot_20200925_094538.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're both right.

Good ol' English interpretation.

The #2 footnote says "the" data. What data? There's no mention of data being offered other than the plan data shown. (I'm just going by what I see reported here)

It's messy. Usual Public Mobile miscommunication. 🙂

@Jb456 wrote:

@Alan_K  here's what I see.  Quebec Website. Will try to explain what is confusing on the higher plans.

The picture shows $23 says "auto-pay required" and next to 1 gig of data it has the 1/2.

When you go to "offer details" number 2 displays this.

Screenshot_20200925_040230.jpg

Reading that people think on top of 1 gig they will get a bonus data of 500mb for 1.5 gigs.

Now if you switch to any other province the picture of the plans display like this.

$25 for 500mb plus another 500mb with autopay for a total of 1gig. Which makes more sense. 

On other provinces notice how it only says #1 next to data and not 1/2. 

In offer details on other provinces there is not even a number #2.

Which should probably be there and not on the Quebec site based on how the picture displays for Quebec. Unless you change the Quebec pictures to look like other provinces?

I hope this makes sense to you! 🙂

Sorry @Jb456 , I have to respectfully disagree with above assessment.

If you read the Quebec plan descriptions, they say

- (x) Data
- AutoPay required

Terms and conditions #2: Customers must subscribe to AutoPay to receive the (y) data bonus

This all implies that you must be registered for AutoPay to receive the (x) Data
and that without AutoPay, you would have only (x) - (y) data.

Overall I can see the allure of the new/revised plan descriptions for Quebec.

However, since some of you are not seeing it the same way, PM may decide to switch Quebec plan descriptions back to the original format. That's all I have to say.

@Alan_K  here's what I see.  Quebec Website. Will try to explain what is confusing on the higher plans.

The picture shows $23 says "auto-pay required" and next to 1 gig of data it has the 1/2.

When you go to "offer details" number 2 displays this.

Reading that people think on top of 1 gig they will get a bonus data of 500mb for 1.5 gigs.

Now if you switch to any other province the picture of the plans display like this.

$25 for 500mb plus another 500mb with autopay for a total of 1gig. Which makes more sense. 

On other provinces notice how it only says #1 next to data and not 1/2. 

In offer details on other provinces there is not even a number #2.

Which should probably be there and not on the Quebec site based on how the picture displays for Quebec. Unless you change the Quebec pictures to look like other provinces?

I hope this makes sense to you! 🙂

@Alan_K 

Does changing #2 of the Terms and conditions to something like this work?

2. Customers must subscribe to AutoPay to receive the 250MB or 500MB data bonus

2. Customers must subscribe to AutoPay to receive the data bonus
    - 250MB for $15 plan
    - 500MB for all other plans

Et en Francais
2. Pour recevoir le lot de 250 Mo ou 500 Mo de données en prime, il faut s’inscrire au Paiement automatique.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr  sure is confusing lol. I think no 2 is the same coding for all plans and they don't realize it lol

@Catherine_T @Alan_K  It is fixed for the $13 ($15) plan. However all higher QC plans $23,$33, etc now say 250mb bonus under #2  offer details. Can this be corrected? Thanks

@Jb456 Looking into this - thanks for flagging!

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr  sure is confusing lol. I think no 2 is the same coding for all plans and they don't realize it lol

@Catherine_T @Alan_K  It is fixed for the $13 ($15) plan. However all higher QC plans $23,$33, etc now say 250mb bonus under #2  offer details. Can this be corrected? Thanks

@Jb456   Unless they do get the extra bonus in Quebec? 😊  They certainly should according to the details!

Absolutely. That's what's being advertised. Otherwise it's a bait & switch.

I agree!  PM should honour what's on their own plan's pages at the minimum.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@Jb456   Unless they do get the extra bonus in Quebec? 😊  They certainly should according to the details!

Absolutely. That's what's being advertised. Otherwise it's a bait & switch.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456   Looks like PM took notice of your post and have changed the bonus data noted under condition no. 2 for the Quebec plans page, except now apparently all the Quebec plans are eligible to receive 250mb of additional data instead of 500mb. 

Confusing! 🤔

BearFBI

@gpixel The 50$ for 10GB should be added. Koodo, Fido, And I belive Virgin Mobile all have 50$ 9GB plans. If they can do 9GB we can do 10GB or even 11GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with dabr. It's a form of false advertising. Or bait and switch. Someone reads that and says well hey sign me up only to get there and not find what they came for when signing up.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@dabr I'm sure somewhere in their service terms / conditions. It's likely written PM is exempt from website errors.

Anyone's free to argue with PM that they should be entitled to what is advertised on the website. My post to them is simply letting them know that there is an error.

@Jb456   You maybe right about the service terms and website errors, but I still think, since these errors seem to have been up for a while now and no effort seems to have been made to clean up the details, then they should honour the bonus data, but of course that's JMO and I'm sure PM will find a way to deny the extra bonus if they want to.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@dabr I'm sure somewhere in their service terms / conditions. It's likely written PM is exempt from website errors.

Anyone's free to argue with PM that they should be entitled to what is advertised on the website. My post to them is simply letting them know that there is an error.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456   I would agree with @gpixel's  suggestion if PM has plans advertising another block of bonus data, then it should be honoured. 

is it safe to assume this plan. will be coming to the other provinces?

I think whatever pm advertises they need to honor it. it's not the customers fault for false advertising. 

Screenshot_20200921-181442.png

these are some pretty nice looking plans if the 500mb is added

$15/750mb

$25/1.5gb

$35/2.5gb

$40/5.5gb

$50/10gb

@BearFBI  unfortunately no it's not normal. 

For example the $25 plan for 1 gig. On Quebec site they have it at $23 (but says with auto-pay) so that's the same as other provinces $25 with autoplay $23. However on Quebec website it says Data 1/2. So when you read offer details #2 says 500mb bonus with auto-pay.

Makes people think they should get 1.5 gigs of data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I reported a similar problem a week or so ago, regarding the 2.5G plan for Quebec.  In that case, the fine print mentioned - must have autopay in order to get the 250MB (or something like that).

I don't think there is much QC (quality control) when it comes to getting these plans/promos up on the website.

BearFBI

@Jb456 

"If you look at higher plans they all show the extra 500mb as well."

Isint that normal ? I believe every plan other than the 15$ plan is bonus 500MB autopay. 

PM mustve just copied and pasted the same text forgetting about the 250Mb bonus in the 15$ plan. Lol

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 

You have good eyes...  😎

Need Help? Let's chat.