cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant receive landline calls and confusion with plan deals

joshblunt1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner and myself just signed up to Public mobiles $40 plan 4.5gb with $10 off for 6 months yesterday instore. The consulatant said the $10 off would be passed on by public mobile after we paid the $40. When I log onto our accounts it says our available funds are $2 and An unexpected error occurred during fetching of applied promotions. does this mean the offer isnt confirmed? Why is it only $2. I would like to get this sorted before the deal expires? Also neither phone is receiving text messages or land line calls however they can call each other. So basically we have a walky talky sim cards at the moment where no one can contact us. It has been a very confusing as there are no contact numbers for assistance. Please help?

11 REPLIES 11

@joshblunt1   If you chose new phone numbers and they are not working with all your services after 2 hours there has been a provisioning problem. I would contact the moderators now as they work til midnight est. Follow the instructions on how to do so as stated.

@joshblunt1 

If you activated a new phone number, it should be working immediately.  

Try rebooting phone or network reset.

If still not working, might be account provisioin issue and you will need to contact moderator to fix issue.  

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator and follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

@joshblunt1  @Dunkman s post is correct. The $10 discount can take up to 30 days to be credited to your account. It has been a wonky promotion with the $10 being credited sometimes immeadiately, within 72 hrs, 7 days, 10 business days andas the promo says....within 30 days. I guess pm is just keeping everyone on their toes with this one. When and if 30 days passes and it is not applied  you can message the moderators  to have it applied.

Which mobile provider did you port from? Most ports happen within a few minutes butvallow at least 2 hrs. You will get a welcome email and/or text with your pin # that will confirm the porting is complete. Reboot your phone if the incoming calling isn't working and call each other to check.

@joshblunt1 wrote:

ok, it was just confusing as it says there is an error on the promotions so I could only assume it didnt work. It has been 2 days and it still doesnt work they are new sim cards as our phones are unlocked and not ported from a previous provider.

If by morning it's not working...click the ? in lower right side of page to start process of moderator assistance. Type "contact human" until you see Contact Moderator. Kind of clunky but that's how we does it at PM.

joshblunt1

Thanks for the info. No they werent ported from another company, our phones are unlocked (owned outright and always on prepaid sims) 

joshblunt1

ok, it was just confusing as it says there is an error on the promotions so I could only assume it didnt work. It has been 2 days and it still doesnt work they are new sim cards as our phones are unlocked and not ported from a previous provider.

joshblunt1

Iphone 6s and samsung A5 2017, they are both unlocked and compatible 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@joshblunt1 wrote:

My partner and myself just signed up to Public mobiles $40 plan 4.5gb with $10 off for 6 months yesterday instore. The consulatant said the $10 off would be passed on by public mobile after we paid the $40. When I log onto our accounts it says our available funds are $2 and An unexpected error occurred during fetching of applied promotions. does this mean the offer isnt confirmed? Why is it only $2. I would like to get this sorted before the deal expires? Also neither phone is receiving text messages or land line calls however they can call each other. So basically we have a walky talky sim cards at the moment where no one can contact us. It has been a very confusing as there are no contact numbers for assistance. Please help?

What brand / model phones ? Make sure they're both unlocked and compatibale with PM network. Click Get Started at the top of the page to check that out.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@joshblunt1 

The $2 credit is for your 1st month autopay.  You will get the $10 within the first 30 days and then subsequently at each renewal date for the next 5 months.  

Did you port numbers from another mobile company?  If so, the port is not done yet.  Need to wait up to a few hours for mobile company transfers.  

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@joshblunt1  It can take up to 7 days for the $10 to appear in your accounts. As for receiving calls you need to be patient and wait for your phone number ports to complete from your previous providers. In the meantime you can continue to use your old sim cards until they stop working. Once that happens you PM sim cards should be able to recover calls.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@joshblunt1 wrote:

Firstly...try cycling phones off / on to get them going maybe.

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Need Help? Let's chat.