cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make calls

ACurrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I try to make a local call it says you do not have a long distance add on @CS_Agent

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@romanajac wrote:

I am having the same issue, and I already tried the lost/stolen solution. What should I do next? I need to make calls @CS_Agent 

Phone Number:  xxxxxxxxxxx

What plan are you on?

Edit: ninja'd by GinYVR 🙂

@romanajacWhat plan do you have? What does the front page when you loginto your selfserve account say?

romanajac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue, and I already tried the lost/stolen solution. What should I do next? I need to make calls @CS_Agent 

Phone Number:  xxx xxxx xxxxxx

phone number removed by computergeek541

amasood

You should trying take your SIM card out and putting it back. It’s ususlly the SIM card that could be causing the problem. Also, hard power your device. Hope it helps 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lbain wrote:

I cant make any phone calls on my device, it says i have no long distance add-on. I am unable to access my self serve, what do i do?

---

From your pm to me:

---

I cant make any phone calls and it says i have no long distance add on even if im trying to call a local number, i have no access to my self serve, i am locked out and it wont let me reset my password. I tried taking my sim card out, but i am still unable to make any calls

@Lbain

Which plan are you on?

If the $10 plan, maybe you've used all your minutes. If so, then you could purchase a long distance add-on with the 611 service (needs your 4-digit PIN and a credit card already set up) and then you could make calls.

If not the $10 plan and since the password reset didn't work for you then all you can do is contact the moderators here.

(any plan with talk can add long distance add-ons...not just the $10 one...by the by)

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

Lbain

I cant make any phone calls on my device, it says i have no long distance add-on. I am unable to access my self serve, what do i do?

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ACurrie

Glad to hear that your phone service is working as it should now.

Have a good evening.

ACurrie

It worked thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Krafty84x wrote:

I cannot make calls/text or even use my data and it says I'm active my wife's account says the same thing and she is having same issue

@Krafty84x:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

@ACurrie:

The other trick to try is manually adding another $1 to your account and restart the phone.

ACurrie

tried this, restarted the prone between turning it off and back on.... when the service is suspended it says please call us at *611 when its active it says you do not have an active long distance add on.

ACurrie

its active

Krafty84x

I cannot make calls/text or even use my data and it says I'm active my wife's account says the same thing and she is having same issue

@ACurrie

If your plan status is active, you can try the lost/stolen phone trick.  

Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found.

These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

prerack

If nothing is working check the account status to see if it is active.  If it is active then maybe it is a SIM issue.  Best bet it to contact a moderator to look into it.

@ACurrie, what does your My Account (Self-Serve) say?  Is your account Active or something else?

ACurrie

No incoming calls and texting work

Jarvar

Thank you @ACurrie

Just to clarify, you have been able to make calls before, just not as of this morning. 

So everything was working normally until recently. 

What does your self serve account show? did you have any recent account changes or auto payments?

If you need assistance with your account specifically it's best to contact the Moderator Team directly with a private message.

Remember not to include any personal details when communicating on the forum posts, only when dealing with the moderator team directly.

If you need to contact a Moderator with your personal account issues, it's best to send them a direct message and they will get back to you.

You can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9 am to 9 pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9 am to 7:30 pm [Toronto Time]

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on how many messages in the queue, but can be up to 48 hours. Prepare for the longer wait time lately though. There seems to have been a backlog, unless it has been clearing up.

More information on this link here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

prerack

Are you able to get incoming calls?  Does text and data work?

ACurrie

I haven't been able to make calls since this morning, i have the $40 for 30 days plan, i signed up with public mobile 3 months ago and i have a lg k4 2017

Jarvar

Welcome to Public Mobile @ACurrie

How long have you not been able to make local calls?

What kind of plan do you have? When did you sign up with Public Mobile? And Did you transfer a number over?

What kind of phone do you have?

The more details you provide, the better the community members can help assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.