cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Call specific caller

SilvaG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Im trying To call my fathers phone number but when I call it thinks hes a long distance contact, I put the number 1 infront of his phone number just to make sure it was because of that but still hasnt worked. 

12 REPLIES 12

@SilvaG wrote:

yeah hes a local. were both living in toronto. Ill contact the moderator, thanks for your help 

If dad's number is very new today, it might take a while for it to activate the calling part, especially if he's ported his old number. Tell him to restart occasionally to perhaps get it going.

SilvaG

yeah hes a local. were both living in toronto. Ill contact the moderator, thanks for your help 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nvm, read your post incorrectly.

Check to see if his area code is local. If it is, you'll have to click the ? in lower right side of the screen to start process of contacting a moderator to assist. Type "contact moderator" and follow instruction.

You can also consider getting that $5 / 500 minute Canada wide add-on I mentioned.

SilvaG

"don't have long distance add-on"

@SilvaG wrote:

this is a new problem. My father just got a new phone number with freedom mobile. Hes able to call me and were able to text eachother. But when it comes to calling my father, it automaticlly goes to automated voice over for long distance call.

Is the message saying that long distance may apply or is if saying you don't have long distance add-on?  The first type can be ignored.

SilvaG

this is a new problem. My father just got a new phone number with freedom mobile. Hes able to call me and were able to text eachother. But when it comes to calling my father, it automaticlly goes to automated voice over for long distance call.

@SilvaG wrote:

I've got unlimited provincal talk plan

Have you been able to call him before or is this a new problem ?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you able to call other numbers ?  Try rebooting your phone.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@SilvaG wrote:

Im trying To call my fathers phone number but when I call it thinks hes a long distance contact, I put the number 1 infront of his phone number just to make sure it was because of that but still hasnt worked. 

If he has a number in the same province, it could be a provisioning problem. Are you traveling within Canada?

SilvaG

I've got unlimited provincal talk plan

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SilvaG wrote:

Check to see if you've run out of minutes...if you have a $10 or $15 plan.

If you've run outta minutes you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Those minutes don't expire but roll over month after month until you use the 500 minutes up.

Need Help? Let's chat.