cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use 400 min Intl Long Distance; Error message: Talk is Not Included in Your Current Plan

chatr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

I just added "400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)" on Monday Aug 13; but when I try to make a call I get this message: "... Sorry, Talk is not included in you current plan ...". I already turned off/rebooted my phone several times and waited 3 days, but still I cannot make overseas/International calls!

I don't know if this is caused by or have any issues with this (below) but it should not:

I also added on Aug 1 "200 min US and Canada Long Distance" and it is working fine; I used up 17 min from the 200 min.

I changed my plan on Jul 30 to the limited time/Special Offer! $45 for 5.5 GB of Data at 3G Speed, which includes:

- 5.5GB at 3G Speed, - Unlimited Canada-wide TALK, - Unlimited International Text.

Please help and let me use these 400 minutes for international calls in the remaining 12 days until Aug 28, my next autopay date.

And, will any remaining minutes in these add-ons carried over to the next period/cycle? Will any MB data lift in my plan carried over? (I only used 240 MB up to now)

Regards,

Justin

I will provide my a/c & pin # to a moderator in a private message.

I already sent this message to

16 REPLIES 16

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@chatr wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

International minutes are supported for calls to the following countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Wow. well, can I at least have the $15 back or credited to my account; the 400 min is not used at all?

@CS_Agent

Please send a private message to the mods as @mimmo suggested. 

Use this info

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

jp2

@chatr wrote:

@rahmedkanak wrote:

The 400 min international add on is not going to work until you finish the previous 200 min add on completely, which is only us/ Canada call.

That's the reason you aren't able to call any international destination right now. I hope this answered your question.

So you'll be able to call your international destination after the initial 200 min completely used up, after that the 400 min add on is going to kick in.

And please don't worry your add on is going to carry over unlimited time if not used.

Thanks.

R u sure? because I just found out, Saudi Arabia is not on the list!

I think you can ignore that. I haven't heard of this issue.

GreatCanadian

@chatr wrote:

Wow. well, can I at least have the $15 back or credited to my account; the 400 min is not used at all?

@CS_Agent

If you do not need the funds you can just leave the 400 minutes there. They will roll over to the next cycle continuously until they are used up. If you have no intention of using them, then that is a different matter!

GC

chatr

@mimmo wrote:

International minutes are supported for calls to the following countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

@CS_Agent

chatr

@rahmedkanak wrote:

The 400 min international add on is not going to work until you finish the previous 200 min add on completely, which is only us/ Canada call.

That's the reason you aren't able to call any international destination right now. I hope this answered your question.

So you'll be able to call your international destination after the initial 200 min completely used up, after that the 400 min add on is going to kick in.

And please don't worry your add on is going to carry over unlimited time if not used.

Thanks.

R u sure? because I just found out, Saudi Arabia is not on the list!

GreatCanadian

@rahmedkanak wrote:

Thanks.

Wrong. He can call countries that are on the international calling list. Saudi Arabia isn't.

GC

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You need to send them a private message explain situation and they probably will credit your account(not refund).

chatr

@CS_Agent

@chatr

Please black out your personal information in your screen shot.

@rahmedkanak 

That's partially misleading advice: I think it works that way for the minutes included in the 200minute add-on (to Canada and the US, if not covered by the base plan). However, the OP is not able to call Saudi Arabia because it's not a country covered by Public Mobile's international calling features.

@chatr

You might want to look into VOIP options?

jp2

@chatr please black out your personal information. This is a public forum.

chatr

Screenshot_2018-08-16 Public Mobile - Overview.png

rahmedkanak

Thanks.

jp2

Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia is not on the list of countries you can call. Please read this https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/t...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

chatr

Thanks for replying.

Does the international calling addon show on your account?

Yep, both the 200 US/Canada AND the 400 Int'l.

What country are you trying to call?

A cell phone in Saudi Arabia; [+966 50 548 8022].

jp2

Anything left over in your plan will not carry forward but Canadian addons will carry forward. 

Does the international calling addon show on your account?

What country are you trying to call?

Need Help? Let's chat.