cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send texts

CrisPA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I have a plan which include unlimited texts but the texts I try to send show up as 'unable to be delivered'. Even after changing my phone and contacting the very unless chat that public mobile provides, I still cannot send text messages. Can anyone help? Has this happened to anyone else with public mobile? This terrible service is not worth the minimal savings. 

12 REPLIES 12

CrisPA

@CannonFodder wrote:

@CrisPA wrote:

How do I do this? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Please ensure that your SMSC is set to +16475800172. It may be referred to as message centre number  in your menus.

Google is your friend..... well, at least sometimes. 😉 

I don't know if this applies to your particular phone or not, but it's likely similar:

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/apple/iphone-7-plus/ios-10/guides/26/Set-up-SMS-Apple-iP... 

Thanks for your reply. I tired getting to the message centre on my iPhone by dialing *#5005*7672# as suggested but keep getting an error screen. Any help from here?308580CB-8173-4204-BDFB-F617E7C0BE0A.png

CrisPA

Thanks for your reply. I tired getting to the message centre on my iPhone by dialing *#5005*7672# as suggested but keep getting an error screen. Any help from here?

35E7029C-E4B5-4A10-AA01-01A7164E8278.png

@CrisPA wrote:

How do I do this? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Please ensure that your SMSC is set to +16475800172. It may be referred to as message centre number  in your menus.

Google is your friend..... well, at least sometimes. 😉 

I don't know if this applies to your particular phone or not, but it's likely similar:

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/apple/iphone-7-plus/ios-10/guides/26/Set-up-SMS-Apple-iP... 

CrisPA

How do I do this? 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@CrisPA wrote:

Hello, I have a plan which include unlimited texts but the texts I try to send show up as 'unable to be delivered'. Even after changing my phone and contacting the very unless chat that public mobile provides, I still cannot send text messages. Can anyone help? Has this happened to anyone else with public mobile? This terrible service is not worth the minimal savings. 

CrisPA

No, I've been on public mobile for almost a year now. This has been an issue for a few months but I thought it may have been related to my phone (pixel 3). I now changed phones to a IPhone 11 Pro but I'm still having the same issue. 

The texts are not large. It won't even let me send one word texts. And my data is turned on. Not a location issue as it never sends out no matter where I am. 

@CannonFodder wrote:

There's potentially a few reasons you can't send texts.... maybe you ought to provide a little more info.

Did you JUST sign up? Maybe your service isn't FULLY enabled yet?

Are you currently in an area of spotty coverage? Where I live, it's very touchy as to whether or not a text will go through, depending on which room I'm in at the time.

Are the texts you're sending LARGE, and maybe need data turned on?

@CrisPA 

Maybe try a network reset. You probably already rebooted your phone. 

You can contact moderator. Click on question mark on right lower corner of website. Type: contact moderator. Follow prompts to submit ticket to moderator. 

Mitch1

I've had this happen to me however what I suggest it might not help. I had to update the "access point names"

Note: The location of these setting may vary depending on which version of Android you are using. Generally Access Point Names (APN) settings are under Settings > Connections (or Network & Internet) > Mobile Network > Advanced. After you go to “ Access Point Names ”, Press ADD to add new APN.

Once you find the apn edit screen this is what it should say 

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

CrisPA

Thanks for your reply! Just regular texts. My data is on and works for everything else. 

@CrisPA wrote:

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

MMS will need data turned on.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

There's potentially a few reasons you can't send texts.... maybe you ought to provide a little more info.

Did you JUST sign up? Maybe your service isn't FULLY enabled yet?

Are you currently in an area of spotty coverage? Where I live, it's very touchy as to whether or not a text will go through, depending on which room I'm in at the time.

Are the texts you're sending LARGE, and maybe need data turned on?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CrisPA 

Is it text or mms?

I get that message when itry to send mms but my data is off

You don't need data for mms but it must be on and apn must be well configured as the provider actually uses data for mms

Need Help? Let's chat.